Chapter Thirty-Three

Ariane's P.O.V

"She lost the baby"

I didn't expect to hear him tell me that. It hurt me deeply to know, even though KhaLani really didn't want another baby, I know she is deeply hurt.

"What happened?", I asked worried as I got into a comfortable position on the guest bed.

"KhaLani ran into her ex who so happens to be, fucking- lemme rephrase that- married to KhaLani's cousin", August explained.

"What does that have to do with the baby?", I asked cutting him off.

"Because we got into a fight and he ended up killing the baby", August explained making me gasp.

"Oh god", I said tears filling my eyes.

"Yeah", August answers boredly. I hear the hurt in his voice. I know he doesn't want to talk.

"I'll call you back August ", I rush out before hanging up.

If I would've known I would be hearing this, I wouldn't have called to see how there trip is going.

"Arianeeeeeeeee!", Chris yells through August's and KhaLani's house.

"Yeah!", I answer back in a yell. I quickly wipe my tears away. I hear a loud cry, my baby's cry.

Panic set in making me run out the guest room. I run into the living room where Chris is holding a fussy Caddie.

He rocks her but she won't calm down. I walk to him, taking her from him. I rock her carefully for a bit then her cries stop.

"Mommy's baby", I coo as she looks up.

I look into those beautiful Brown eyes in awe, I've missed her.

I am to attach to her, it's like I can't be away from her with out missing her. I have to have her around at all times, I need to hear her cooing, I need to see her, I need to hear her, I just need my baby.

"You are everything I wanted in my child's mother", Chris says before taking a big step my way.

I look at him with a smile. I am proud I'm a good mother.

"Really?", I ask shockingly.

"Really", he answers taking another big step. This steps puts himself in front of me, towering me.

I am about to say thanks but I am cut off by Chris's lips on mines. Those soft plum lips I love to kiss, I rub my hand (that isn't occupied by my baby) in his thick hair. I am looking up at him with wide eyes before I close them shut, enjoying his lips.

"I miss you", Chris says pulling away from the kiss. He puts his head against mines.

I chuckle."I've only been gone for two days Chris"

He chuckles also. "It seems like you've been gone a year"

I laugh harder, looking at him in those eyes.

"I'll be home when KhaLani and August return", I say with a sigh.

The thought of my dead niece or nephew settles in and I grow sad. Chris catches on and pulls me into a hug, not a tight one since I'm holding Caddie.

"What's wrong?", Chris asks.

"KhaLani", I breath out. "She lost the baby", I add.

"Damn, August really wanted that baby, what happened", Chris said shaking his head.

"Some fight broke out and KhaLani's ex killed the baby", I said.

"You know his name?", Chris asked.

"Nah", I answered.

"Damn, dude was that jealous he took a life", Chris said to himself.

"So, what brings you over?", I asked looking at his dazed state.

He's pulled out his trance and looks down at me. He smiles big confusing me.

"The hospital called", Chris said.

"What happened?", I ask confused.

"They'll be releasing Casey in a week", he says.

I smiled wide tears running down. Chris wipes my tears away kissing me.

"Really?", I ask.

"Yep", he answers.

A sob builds up in me and I release it. Tears spill out and Chris just wipes them as he pulling me into his chest more not in a way to harm Caddie though.

"Don't cry", he says.

"She'll be home", I said laughing and sobbing. Man my emotions are crazy.

"Yeah, she will", Chris says.

"Ariane?", Chris calls after moments of him holding me. I look at him intently.

"I'm sorry that you were sucked into a horrible life with me", Chris said putting his face into my neck.

"My life is complicated, very complicated", I start remembering the things I've faced in this relationship.

With all the raping, abuse, lying, him cheating on me,making me miscarry, bringing home a baby, almost making us loose our twin, disrespecting me. He has done a lot to me, a lot but I just can't see my life with out him there.

Without his kisses, With out his craziness, with out our three children(yes including Cassidy), with out our crazy best friends. I've never had this much family even when mom and dad were alive.

God has blessed me with another happy family after he has taken away my parents. That's all I actually ever wanted since mom and dad died. That's maybe why I have stayed with Chris, it was something about him back then that screamed he will bring back a happy girl.

And he has brought her back.

"But I couldn't imagine my complicated life with out you or our three kids in it", I said before planting a kiss upon his lips. He is taken by surprised since he hadn't fully recovered from my first statement but he accepts the kiss.

Caddie--who is still in my arms-- stirred in her sleep. I pulled away from Chris and headed to the guest room.

Something, some one I should say, grabbed my shoulder pulling me back. I stumbled a little but regained my stance, well Chris grabbed me.

"Come home", he said pulling me in close but not to close to wake our sleeping twin.

"I'm house sitt-"

"Its cool, they'll be back soon, right?, Chris rushed looking at me hopefully.

"Yeah, tomorrow ", I answered putting my head on his chest.

"Right so come home wit cho fine ass", Chris whispered in my ear sending chills down my back.

I nodded my head in agreement, "Okay".

A/n- Looks who back together.

When you loose something you win something.