Chapter Fifty- Seven

-Not Edited-

Chris's P.O.V

Ariane, Cassidy and I drive in silence to the house. It had been multiple things that occurred this month, it's another ruff one for Ariane and I but we'll over come it. I look back at Cassidy, she's starring out the window maybe she's looking at her surroundings.

"Cassidy you have two twin sisters and a brother at home", Ariane speaks breaking the silence.

"I do?", Cassidy asks. I glance at her again to see that she is excited.

"They're a handful but you'll love them", I say with a slight chuckle.

"How old are they?", Cassidy asks.

"3, 3, and 2", Ariane answers before I could.

"Wow they aren't babies", Cassidy says in disappointment. "How long have I been in the darkness?", Cassidy asks.

Ariane looks over at me for help, I glance her way before I pull my car into the drive way of my house, well, our home.

I turn around, meeting Cassidy's tears. At the sight of her tears, I nearly cry.

"You've been in the darkness for, well, three years", I say truthfully, there's no reason to lie.

She seems to cry more, "how old am I, I can't remember".

"Your 8", I say.

"How old was I when I went into the darkness?", Cassidy continues to question.

"You were five", I answer.

Her mouth dropped at my answer, she starred at me for a while before looking out the window. Her tears were still there, trailing at twice the speed.

"I wanna see them", Cassidy says abruptly wiping her tears.

I nod my head as if she's paying any mind to me. Taking off my seat belt quickly, I climb out my car. Ariane is next to get out then Cassidy is out.

All three of us walk to the front do it with caution. Before I could grab my keys to open the door, it swings open. KhaLani stood tired in the door way with Adrian on her hip.

"Your alive", KhaLani said in relief as she looked at Ariane.

"Yes, I am", Ariane says.

"I thought we lost you, you weren't answering you hadn't called and-"

"What is she talking about mommy?", Cassidy asks.

KhaLani hadn't acknowledged Cassidy until she spoke. KhaLani furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, hearing a voice so older, Cassidy voice is way different from her usual one.

KhaLani stared at Cassidy in confusion, she stared at her for a while before looking to us. KhaLani stared at Cassidy more and more, the wrinkles I'm her head disappearing.

"Your alive, it's a miracle", KhaLani cried. She sat Adrian onto the floor.

Kneeling down to Cassidy she smiled at her before engulfing her into a bear hug.

"Cassidy's alive!", KhaLani yelled in pure joy. She smiled as she hugged dear life out Cassidy, out my daughter, who's breathing. She's really awoke.

"She's alive!", KhaLani yelled again fighting her grip on Cassidy.

Cassidy looked as the air was being squeezed out of her, which it maybe was. KhaLani hug onto her niece no thought of letting her go in mind.

"Okay Lani, I mean Kai, let her go", o said slipping. I didn't mean to use that nickname.