Chapter Thirty-Eight

Chris's P.O.V

"Ariane?", I call out to my girlfriend who can't look at me.

She ignores me and gives all her attention to Casey, "Who's mama's skinny baby?"

Casey stares at Ariane before she smiles, showing her pink gums.

Casey is the happy baby, Caddie on the other hand is more of the mean ass type. Caddie never smiles, never likes to be bother unless she needs something, she's just mean.

"Please Ariane, what ever it takes for you to talk ill do it", I say making Ariane look at me.

"I want you in anger management", she says before giving her attention to Casey in her arms.

I scoff at her. Why do I have to go to that shit, I'm perfectly fine.

"No", I answer flatly.

She looks taken back by my answer as she glances at me. "What?"

"N-O, spells no", I said smartly standing to my feet.

She stands also, she lays our baby onto a blanket that's out spread on the couch.

"What do you mean, You just said 'what ever it takes for you to talk I'll do it', now your backing out?", she says standing in her spot not getting close.

"I love you Chris, I want things to work but they can't as long as you get angry around me, around the kids, around your friends, and strangers", she says looking at me.

"What will Cassidy think when she a-"

"Stop", I tell her shortly. I don't like to speak of Cassidy and her condition, it pisses me off.

"No, this has to be said, what will Cassidy think of you as a father?", Ariane asks approaching me.

I cover my ears with my hands as she goes further.

"She'll think your crazy, she'll think your going to be mad all the Time and that will drive her into another man's arms", Ariane yells, pushing me to the edge. When that left her mouth I don't know what came over me but I had her neck in my grasp.

She is in the air off her feet as I cut off her air circulation. She kicks her feet in the air drastly looking at me in horror.

"I. Said. Stop", I bark at her. She nods in understanding.

"But you chose to fuck with me, you want me to hit you, you want me to do the things I do, don't you?" I say as I release her. She falls to the ground with a cry.

Her cries make both our twins cry.

"Your a monster", she coke out making the twins cry louder.

She's the real monster, she knows how Cassidy's situation makes me feel, doesn't she? So why in the hell would she use that against me?

She thought I be happy to hear about my five year old that has dealt with neglect,rape, and suicide. She thought I'll love to hear that shit?

I look away from her as she stands to her feet.

"Your going or I'll tell that social worker how the real Chris is around our children", Ariane says. I swear if I didn't love her she'll be six feet under.

I take large steps towards her so I am standing in her face, well over her face.

"You wouldn't", I say angrily.

"I would, if it has something to do with my three children", she taunts. I give her a straight look, forcing myself not to smile from her saying three children.

"Oh and it does", Ariane adds with as much anger. She wipes her tears and goes to assist Caddie who is still crying.

A/n- Short Chapter, I know. I just wanted y'all to get a taste of the old Chris that's somewhat returning.

Ending this book around chapter 45 or fifty, maybe earlier than that.