Chapter Fifty-Five

Chris's P. O. V

"Have you seen or spoken to Ariane lately?", I ask KhaLani over the phone.

"No, I haven't seen her since the wedding, why what's wrong?", KhaLani voice comes out in fear.

"Its unlike her to not call for the kids, she hasn't called yet", I say.

"Maybe she's working hard", KhaLani tried.

"KhaLani she was supposed to get the kids yesterday so they could could drive to Virginia", I say in worry.

"Now thats unlike her, I'll come over to babysit while you go check on Ariane", KhaLani says shortly before ending the call.

"Where's mommy?", Caster cries. She's never went this long with out speaking to Ariane.

"Ywou a cry baby Caster", Christian teases.

"Christian", I warn. He's is quick to pick with Casey.

"Caster, mommy's, uh, at home?", I ask in more of a question.

Caster seems not to care What I say, she keeps crying. I try to soothe her but it doesn't work. Moments later KhaLani walks through the door with Aiden, Adrian, and Kaylin.

"Wassup y'all", I greet briefly.

"Hey uncle", my niece and nephews say at the same time.

"What's wrong with Casey", KhaLani asks looking at Casey crying.

"She misses mommy", Cadster says in an annoyed tone. KhaLani and I over look Caddie's attitude.

"Thanks KhaLani, I'll be back shortly", I say rushing to the door.

I basically speeded through California's streets to Ariane's house. Its so unlike her to go missing and not tell me why.

When I opened My car door to get out, I noticed Ariane's front door is open.

"Help", I hear a tired yell from the house. It almost sounds like Ariane.

I run to the stairs of her house quickly. Looking inside I see the house disheveled, things are all over the floor.

I stare at the mess in wonder before I see Ariane on the floor. She looks horrible laying on her carpet floor, her jet black hair is all over the place. Her work uniform has various stains on it, one stain seems awfully like blood.

"Chris", she calls exhausted. I rush to her side, ready to beat the hell out of anyone. Fuck angermangement in this moment.

"Ariane who the fuck did this, what the fuck happened", I demand.

"I was robbed, Chris, I was robbed, He took everything", she cried.

"Ariane don't worry I can help, you can move in with me, you and the kids", I assure her.

"I just wanted to be independent, how can I do that if you come to My rescue all the time", Ariane cries. "I want my money back, I want my car back, I want my televisions back, I want it all back", Ariane adds in more tears.

"Ariane, let me get you out this", I say hurriedly. I rush looking for things around the house, looking for something to help get the hand cuffs off.

"I want to see my babies, he could have killed me took me from them", Ariane cries more from the floor.

If who ever she's speaking of would have killed her, I'd be nothing. It'll be like my heart was ripped out my own chest, it would like trying to breathe with no air.

Something quickly caught my eyes, it was keys, keys that looks to go to the handcuffs. I rush to grab the keys, walking to Ariane Quickly. Kneeling besides her, I unlocked the hand cuffs, rips her tape.

She fell into my arms, crying her eyes out.

"Its gone, it's all gone", she cried into my chest.

"Ariane are you hurt", I asked noticing the blood stain on the carpet.
"My head hurts a little", Ariane groans.

"Lift your head", I demand. She stares at me with wonder before turning her head my way.

Her hair is drenched in dry blood, her black hair displays the red of the blood. How could she survive like this, the carpet must've stopped some of the bleeding. I look in fear as I try pushing her hair away to get a visual of the cut or what ever it is in her head causing this bleeding.

"Stop that hurts, Chris", she cries.

"What did this dude exactly do", I say my blood boiling. The old Chris is coming back and he's out for blood.

"I can't really remember all I remember is he said something or did something", Ariane spoke. She looked trouble explaining things.

I look at her in horror for a few seconds. What if he did something more horrible. What if he got him a feel in?

"I'm taking you to the hospital", I say.

"But I wanna see-"

"We're going to the hospital, Ariane", I speak shortly. I stand to my feet abruptly before she could speak I had her frail body in my arms.

.....................

"So she was robbed by some young man who just caused a little pain to her head, she should be fine when the stitches heal", the doctor reports.

I nod my head in understanding. I thought it'll be something worse but the young boy wasn't an idiot, he didn't rape Ariane as I thought he did.

Even though Ariane is now in her thirty's, she looks the same as she did the first night I met her. Her light skin has gotten a little tan but she still looks the same.

What young boy could resist her beauty? Dude had to be gay.

"You can visit her, if you please", the doctor adds.

I speed to Ariane's hospital room uncomfortably, this is the same hospital Cassidy is in. I haven't visited her in a while, I couldn't bare to see her in her condition. She hasn't awoken yet, it's been three hole years how many years does she need?

When I open the hospital room, Ariane isn't here. Quickly , I look in the bathroom that's in the room, she's not in there. I begin to panic a little. She just received stitches to her head she shouldn't be traveling to much.

Walking out the room hurriedly, I search the halls for her. She's no where in sight. Where could she be?

Suddenly there's loud yelling, the yells are a child's yells. I search around for the yells when I look at a very familiar room.

Cassidy.