Chapter Thirty-Nine

KhaLani's P.O.V

Three Months have passed since Kaylin's ruined birthday, my emotional brake down, the baby's death, my cousin's and first love's death.

I stare at August, lovingly, as we drive threw California streets, admiring the street's beauty.

"Where are we going?", I ask for the 100th time.

August chuckles as he pulls up to some beautiful restaurant. "This is where we are going", he says as he looks me over.

I'm wearing a black pants suit that is giving a good view of my cleavage  but I made sure to give no one a look by wearing my black blazer. August is wearing true reglion jeans, a white button down, jordans, right now his attire is screaming hood nigga.

"Couldn't you have worn something a little fancy?", I ask looking at him in disgust. He chuckles in response before climbing out the car.

"Babey this right chere is fancy", August says in his southern accent making a chill go down my spine. He knows what his accent does to me.

He laughs. "I'll make sure to handle that later", he says grinning before grabbing my hand and leading me into the restaurant.

"Aye my nigga, you made it", the man at the post said when we walked in. Her caught the attention of customers eating.

"What up?", August greeted briefly.

"This yours, Aug?", the man asks, licking his lips as he stares at me.

First off he's isn't even a bitch's type. Why he licking them ashy ass lips of his?

"Yeah, wonder yo eyes somewhere else before I dislocate them bitches", August barks angrily.

"My bad, my bad, y'all table over there, help ya self", dude says pointing to a table that's in the middle of the resturant.

Its decorated all beautiful with rose pedals and candles. I stare at the table in awe as August drags us over to it.

"Sorry about him", August says pulling me out my trance.

"How did he get a job here?", I ask looking at the beautiful with white walls decorated by a beautiful blue lining.

August chuckles as we take our seats.
"See her", August says pointing in the direction of someone. I turn to see a short, skinny chick, bossing workers around

"Yeah, what about her?", I ask.

"He fucking her", August said simply.

"And?", I ask not catching on.

"She's the manger, duh", August says as he picks up his menu.

My mouth forms in a "O" shape as I realize she hired him.

I pick up the menu with a chuckle. What hoes will do when they get some dick.

...........................

"Yo fat ass", August says chuckling as I stumble in the house, full.

I gasp, "You've been looking".

He looks confused by what I said before he realizes, he called my ass fat.

"You know what I meant", he said approaching me. He stood in front of me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Mama, daddy?," Kaylin yelled through our home.

August pulls away from me as he looks at our daughter coming down the stairs with her babysitter; Kenetta.

"She wouldn't sleep", Kenetta informed me.

"Kaylin, why won't you go to sleep, it's pass your bed time", I said scooping her into my arms.

"Because you and daddy were gone, I don't know her", Kaylin said rudely looking at Kenetta.

I gave her my infamous 'that's not nice' look. She sighed before fiddling with her fingers. Kenetta stood awkwardly to the side. Looking at August, Kaylin and I.

"August, pay her", I said pulling him out a once trance he was in. August nodded then paid Kenetta. Shortly after she grabbed her things and left.

"So just because you didn't know her, you didn't sleep?", August asked confused.

"She could be a kwiller, daddy", Kaylin said looking at August.

August and I furrowed our eyebrows in confusion as we shared a quick glance. After the quick glance we looked back at Kaylin.

"Kaylin why would you think she's a killer" , I ask interested.

"Because in this world mama, I can't twurst bitches", Kaylin said making my eyes go wide.

"Kaylin", August and I yelled in unison.

"What, I only rewpeated what mama said", Kaylin said making me chuckle nervously as August looked at me in dissatisfaction.

"Really, KhaLani", he asked glaring at me.

I ignored him as I faced my child in my arms. My chuckling stopped as  I popped her in the mouth for her language making her hand jolt for her mouth. She begin tearing up as she held her leaking mouth.

August snatched her away cradling her, "Don't pop her, it's your fault she said  it".

"I'm grown I can say what the fuck I want, her little ass on the other hand, just got out of diapers, hell she still got simalac on her breath", I yelled through the house as I begin walking towards my room avoiding August's words of wisdom.