Chapter 3

After yongsun told her father what she really feels, she locks herself in her room and never bothers answering their calls on the other side of her door. Eric tried to get the spare key to yongsun's room but sodam stops him and said give his daughter a time for herself. Eric was about to protest but he knows his wife was right. He's angry too so starting a conversation with yongsun is kinda risky for both of them. So with a defeated sigh, they leave yongsun alone.

It was already midnight but yongsun is still wide awake while watching the tree leaves swing back and forth above the ground. She's standing at the balcony while hugging herself, trying to comfort her feelings. She already drained her tears from crying and it feels like there are no more tears left inside her. Eventually, she decided to wash her face to freshen up her senses but that made her fully awake this type of time. But it isn't a big deal, the wind is fresh and maybe this is all she needs to sort out her thoughts.

Yongsun looks up and stares at what's above. She saw the moon and stars shining brightly in the night sky. She smiles at how beautiful it looks while the light it produces illuminates on her face, making her look like an angel that God sent on the lands. But angels have freedom, they can go where they want, while her.. nevermind.

She chuckles to herself as she enters her room while shaking her head at the process.

How beautiful it could be if I could drive my car in an empty street and inhale the fresh midnight air.

Yongsun thought, fixing her bed and was ready to call it a night. But as she was about to climb in the cozy sheets, she stops and thought..

I could do that though.

"I could.."

Yongsun murmured to herself, biting her lips at the plan her mind composed. If her father knows she has gone for this time and gotten back in the morning, he will surely ground her for few months.. but.. she's already grounded her whole life.. so what's the bother?

"I can go back in the morning before they wake up.."

Yongsun excitedly runs towards her wardrobe and gets herself the thickest sweater she could use to block the coldness of the wind, but she never bothers changing her pajamas thinking it's a waste of time. She also gets a mask just in case someone might recognize her and when she's good to go, she proceeds to carefully open the door to go out.

Yongsun peeks her head out first and scans the hallway from left to right, looking if someone is lurking in the silent mansion. When she was sure the coast is clear, she slowly tiptoed her way downstairs to avoid making noise that may attract someone's attention.

And just by that, she successfully escapes from the house she called a prison.

---

"Thank you, unnie."

Moonbyul bid her farewell to the old lady at the convenience store after she paid for the soda she bought for herself. Miraculously, jin ended her punishment when sandeul, the other bartender, was the one who started a fight this time and that's why jin punished him by taking byulyi's place on cleaning the restroom. Byul felt pity with her co-bartender though, but at the same time, she was happy her punishment is over.. damn thank god.

Now it's 2 in the morning and she's on her way home to take some rest. It's not her intention to walk home, but in this type of time, it's hard to find a cab knowing it's pretty late for someone to ride home. But seldom, when byul's lucky, there's a cab she'll saw or catch up, but this time god's are not on her side.

"Damn, it's freezing." She murmured to herself before she opens the first can and chugged the liquid it contains while holding the spare soda she'll drink at home. Blasting some music in her earphones, she doesn't care about the few people she saw.