Chapter 13

"M-Mom?"

Yongsun stuttered as she looks at her mother who was raising her eyebrows at her. She doesn't look mad but yongsun didn't want to assume things so soon.

"Where have you been yongsun?" Sodam asks for the second time but now her voice sense authority, making yongsun closed her eyes to calm herself when she feels like trembling in fear.

Sodam was calm but yongsun knows her mother. She's always gentle to every argument but you wouldn't like it when she's angry.

"P-Please mom, don't tell dad.."

"I don't have to tell him everything but I want you to be honest with me.. where were you?" Sodam proceeds to question. She knows yongsun was afraid of her but as a mother, she needs to discipline her child and discuss things out.

"I-I was.. I was out with my friend." Yongsun stated, head down and can't look straight in her mother's eyes afraid that she'll cry.

Sodam furrowed her eyebrows from the thought of a friend. Not that she refused yongsun to have a friend, but she's concerned about who was it or if that person safe.

"Is that a guy?"

"No I swear not, she's a girl I met months ago."

Sodam breathing went back to normal. Atleast that friend is a girl and not some random guy who'll take advantage of her daughter knowing yongsun was born pretty. Not generalizing but men are mostly assholes. They will do everything if the grand prize is as pretty as yongsun.

"So you've been sneaking out for months?" Sodam said as she raised her eyebrow.

She assumed this is the first time her daughter broke the rules but she thought wrong. She's disappointed with what yongsun did but sodam can't blame her too. She knows she's sick of those rules which Eric made.

"Mom, please.. I'm not doing anything. I'm not doing drugs or any illegal activities that may ruin me or our family's reputation. I-I was just out with moonbyul and we're just spending time together on the shore or.. o-or sometimes in her workplace but I swear we're not doing anything." Yongsun panic and almost kneel infront of her mother.

But begging is useless now. Sodam needs answers to what or where yongsun's been heading every midnight. If she wants her daughter to keep safe, she needed to know everything that happened.

"Who?" Sodam asks when she heard someone's name, making her confused more. Yongsun on the other hand, sighed in frustration when she realized she spilled byul's name unknowingly. How she wished she could slap herself for being so dumb.

"M-Moonbyul, the friend I've been talking about."

"She's no harm, mom. She's brilliant, pretty, lovely and friendly. She's my only friend, please don't do anything to her." Yongsun chatters everything she has on her mind but regrets it when she realized what she just said.

Pretty? Seriously yongsun?

"Does she know who are you?" Sodam said, walking towards yongsun's bed and took a sit.

Yongsun sense sodam has something in her mind just by how her mother space out. Yongsun just hopes it's not some kind of insane plan where they will find moonbyul and tell her to stay away from her daughter.

"Kind of?" Yongsun wasn't sure what to respond since moonbyul just know her name. She even lied to the girl about her being a noble.

"She knows my name but not my personal background, and I'm planning on leaving it the way things are. It's not that my life matters to any of her anyway."