Chapter 5

Moonbyul

I hope this time I can buy that soda from sunmi's store. I'm seriously low-tempered every time I can't get what I want, especially if that's related to food or drinks I like.

Yesterday, that girl took the last two remaining sodas from the fridge, the same girl I help escaped from trouble. I'm not mad at her for getting the drink since it isn't mine in the first place, but I admit I was a little upset.

I was also wondering why is she out again despite nearly getting herself into trouble with those guys. Isn't she afraid that maybe something like that will happen again? If that happens I seriously don't care anymore. I helped her once and once is enough for me.

Tss, a woman like her should stay inside their home. Even if I can't see her face since she's wearing a mask, still, I can tell she's a beauty just by how her eyes sparkle and has flawless skin. And her posture.. I know she's a fine lady. And a woman like that is a fantasy to every man's desire.

But why is she always outside every midnight? Not that I'm concern though.. I was just curious.

"Unnie, please tell me there's a stock.. please." I said and almost kneel infront of sunmi's counter just so I can hear her say the good news that my sodas are here. Sunmi chuckled at what I act but her response made me sulk in my spot.

"There isn't byul, I'm sorry... but.." I already feel disappointed but hearing sunmi isn't done talking yet, a little hope came rushing through my veins. Seriously I think I'm crazy about that soda, I think I need to go to the nearest rehabilitation.

"But what?" I impatiently ask with twinkled eyes.

"Someone wanted to give this to you."

"Someone?"

Sunmi handed me a plastic that has something inside. I look at her with confusion but she just smiles in response. Due to curiosity, I open the plastic, and there I saw two can of sodas I've been craving for two days.

Sunmi chuckled this time, and I know she saw how happy I become taking a glimpse of the drink.

"That's from the girl yesterday who bought the last sodas. She bought it but told me to give it to you. She said she wanted to give it herself but she wasn't sure if she'll be out today, so she asked me to hand it to you just in case she wasn't here."

I was speechless while looking at sunmi. That girl bought this.. for me? But why? I tried to open my mouth and compose the right words to reply, but the more I think, the more my mind went blank. So feeling defeated, I just smile at sunmi and she just smiles at me too.

"You're pretty rude to her yesterday, she was murmuring random words to herself telling she just wants to thank you for saving her life but you're so sensitive even if she didn't do anything."

"She told you I save her?" I ask in disbelief while I caress the sodas in my hand like it was some kind of treasure for me. Well, it is though, this became part of my life for years that's why I became irritable if I can't contain any of this atleast a day.

"Yeah, she stays for a bit and we talk. Honestly, she's talkative and loud, yet she's fun to be with. You should open up a bit, give her a chance, she just wants to deliver her gratitude." Sunmi said as if she's guilt-tripping me. I sighed as I realized what I did to the poor girl. I must have been overreacted last night.

"I'll try, but I don't think we'll meet again."

"Don't say that, you wouldn't know what the future brings. If you guys are destined to meet, even if how long it takes, it will definitely happen."