Chapter 20

Moonbyul doesn't know if she'll be thankful for being sick or what since she and yongsun are now on good terms. The girl is visiting her again, smiling like nothing happened, and cooking her delightful foods.

Yongsun didn't mention anything about what happened in the bar and byul just do the same. She doesn't know if the girl is still looking for the right opportunity to open up the topic or what, and byul is also afraid to speak.. afraid that she'll trigger yongsun and the girl might avoid her again. So for now, she'll let things slide and wait for yongsun to mention it first so they can talk about it and fix whatever needs to be fixed.

Byul was walking on her way back to her apartment after yongsun ask her to buy something in sunmi's. The latter was cooking their lunch and one of the ingredients needed wasn't present. So she asks byul to buy them fast.

"Oh fudge.."

Byul murmured to herself when she saw Mr.Han near the entrance waiting for someone. She totally forgot to pay her monthly rent again and if he sees her now, byul knows he'll ask for the payment since it was due yesterday. She'll pay for sure though, but now she still out of money since she was sick for almost a week and doesn't able to go to work.

Byul thinks of something she could tell to him why she can't pay for now but her brain isn't composing anything. Well, she could say the real reason though.. that she was sick and all. But the problem is that's always the reason she tell to the old man in the previous months. It won't work this time.

I'll just wait for him to go away then. Byul thinks and was about to retreat, but was too late when she heard her name called by the guy.

"Moonbyul!"

Fuck.

Byul fixed her expression first before she turns around and smiles at the old man. She expects the guy to be mad or disappointed, but she saw the opposite of everything. He was smiling like he was in a good mood.

Well, that's a good sign.

Byul walks towards the man and slightly bows as respect.

"Ah yes Mr.Han, about the pay--"

"You have a generous girlfriend ey? and insanely pretty too."

Mr.Han cut off her statement that made byul furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. As far as the world knows, she was single for years. How come she have one and doesn't know she have one?

"Generous? Girl--"

Byul stop midway when a person struck in her mind like a lightning. There is only one person she can figure out that acts as her girlfriend, and that's probably yongsun. So even if she doesn't know what's happening, her mind is telling her to just go with the flow.

"I-I mean yeah ha ha.. she really is." Byul responded with hesitation.

"She gave me a tip. She said don't be too hard on you when it's payment time and you can't pay on time. You one lucky kid.."

Now that just made byul confused even more that she can't help but to creased her eyebrows. She doesn't care if the guy will find it weird that she doesn't know. What matters now is she'll know what's happening and why yongsun gave her a tip.

"She gave you? When?" Byul asks, disoriented.

"Yesterday. She paid six months advance of your rent and gave me a tip after."
--

Byul rides the elevator silently, still can't believe that yongsun was the one who paid for her expenses. She's mad, really. But not to the girl but to herself. It's her responsibility in the first place and not yongsun, but what happened now?