Chapter 16

"Checkmate."

Yongsun grins after she captive byul's king piece and it is nowhere else to move. Byul gritted her teeth because for the 2nd time around, she lost in the hands of the girl she mocks earlier; saying the girl is weak in this game she have mastered. She thought she could beat yongsun.. not knowing the girl have undergone chess classes before, even won on the middle-aged man whose hobby is to play chess. 

"Ugh! This game suck!" Byul stood up and pulled her hair in disbelief. No one has ever defeated her, not even her friends before. This is the first time.. or the second time, she experienced the shame she didn't know she'll endure.

"No it's not, you're the one who sucks. The loser will cleaaaaan." Yongsun excitedly stated and pulled out her tongue infront of byul while small dancing as if she's enjoying her victory. Byul who accept the reality, started to put the chess pieces back in their box.

Yongsun walks away and enters the kitchen while humming the song in her head. Byul guess the latter was hungry or thirsty. Well, that's what the girl always does in her apartment though. Eat, have fun, annoy her, and sleep.

Byul also noticed yongsun gained weight. She's not the thin girl anymore who's likely to be moved with one push. She's now more beautiful and lively, more strong and brave. Byul was beyond happy that it's somehow because of her doings.

It's because yongsun's in her care.

She was so occupied with her thoughts while cleaning that she didn't realize yongsun was now on the couch, looking at her- no.. staring at her, intensely.

"Uhm, is there something in my face--"

"I wanna travel the whole world with you."

That's what came out of yongsun's mouth which made byul's heart leap in an instant but confused her at the same time. The girl was staring at her but byul can sense yongsun's mind was with somewhere else, somewhere she can't comprehend where.

"Huh?"

"I said.. I wanna travel the whole world with you." Yongsun repeated her words with sincerity and this time, byul heard it right.

"What do you mean? Why with me?"

As if yongsun wakes up from her reverie, a smile forms on her lips as she feels her cheeks warmer than usual. She looks away from byul and played with the glass of water she's holding.

"Uhm.. y-you're the only one I have and going alone is boring. So I'll drag you with me, I guess."

Yongsun reasoned out and drink the contents of her glass. But byul feels like what the girl said lacked something. She can't point out what, so she just shrugged her shoulders and goes back to cleaning the mess.

"You can't even go out in the city yet you dream to go out of countries."

Byul responded which made yongsun frowned for a second. The latter was right though. If she can't hardly go out near their mansion, how much more in the other countries which are way farther and dangerous.

But it's better to try than do nothing.

"I can convince my parents. Maybe they'll let me go if I bring some tour guide or bodyguard or someone that will always be there for me."

"So you're making me your bodyguard?"

With one last touch, byul fixed the mess and the place was now neat and clean. She put everything in their designated places before she walks towards yongsun's direction and took her seat beside the girl.