Chapter 23

"W-What?"

Sodam was stunned at what her daughter admits. She can feel her throat dry and eyes wide looking at byul's crying state. She wasn't ready to hear this kind of absurd revelation.. she doesn't even know something like this is possible. She have thought yongsun and byul are nothing but friendship. Yet now, byul proves her wrong.

"You heard it right. I'm inlove with yongsun." Her daughter clarifies, wiping the stains of tears on both cheeks. Byul tried her best to be strong but it was too much to take. It was heavy, it was strangling her.. almost suffocating that it needs to let go.

"But byul-" Sodam paused, looking at byul with a serious expression "You can't." She continues.

"I know.. I know, mom. Do you think I'm not aware of that? But what do you want me to do? It was too late.. too fucking late. I didn't know who she is, I didn't know she's my damn sister." Byul said and sat back at the couch, running her trembling palms at her hair trying to figure out what the hell she should do.. because honestly right now, moving on is her least choice.

Sodam didn't respond and just watch her daughter broke down. She wants to hug her and tell her everything's gonna be fine but she can't move any muscles. She's not disgusted at her though, she knows byul's sexuality in the very first place. She just didn't expect that the one byul will fell inlove with is her sister.

A moment after, byul stood up and headed towards the kitchen. Sodam just follows byul with her eyes and still silent at her seat. When byul came back, she has a glass of water in her hand and the tears in her eyes are now gone.

As the girl proceeds to take her seat, she looks at her mother with a straight face.

"Mom.. Is yongsun really my sister? Biologically?"

The tense surrounding became thicker as every syllable escape on her mouth. Sodam didn't look at byul, afraid that her daughter will read what she's thinking. But byul was desperate to know the details. There's a tiny bit of hope inside her that somehow, sodam will tell her yongsun is adopted.

But no..

"She is your sister.." Sodam said, closing her eyes and as she opens it looking at the latter, she saw how byul's hope crushed into a tiny bit of pieces.. and yet she continued.. "Half.."

"Half?" Byul's eyebrows furrowed at the new word. Sodam nods, nervously biting her lip as she spills the truth to her daughter.

"She is your father's child in the other woman.." she continued, just enough for byul to take a deep breath as she clutches hardly to the glass of water she's holding, while sodam looks away and spoke again to conclude everything. "But that doesn't change the fact that you're sisters."

Byul understands though, that loving yongsun is still against cultural beliefs and law. But the fact that her father cheated and has a daughter in the other woman, maddened her most. She really curses him to death. She can't describe how much she hates the man who brings her to this ruthless world that she can't help but ask..

"Is dad.. Is he my real father? Because the way he treats me I don't think he is."

That made sodam frowned. She can't blame her daughter if she thinks like that because honestly, the way eric treats byul is like she is not his own child. But still, sodam didn't commit to any other man before, all his love goes to eric and no one else. No other man did take her to bed, just the man she loves.

"What are you talking about? Of course he is! I never loved someone more than your father, byul. You are his daughter." She proclaimed.

Disappointment is visible to byul's face but she immediately nods her head before her mother can notice it. She doesn't know what's happening to her. She was wishing one of them are adopted, that they are not related to each other.. yet still, it always fails.