May 31st 2022

Cordelia x Reader
TW: Self harm, Anxiety
The reader is home alone on a stormy night

I felt my breath stop as I looked out the window. Another loud crash came from outside, I flinched. The blue lightning lit up the dark room. My eyes flooded with tears. The rain banged on the window.

Cordelia had been out with Myrtle, for some reason I had been unusually told I couldn't attend. I hadn't realized it would storm though, I know she wouldn't have left if she knew too. She made me feel safe and she knew storms scared me.

My hands were hugging my ankles, my knees were lifted to my chest. I wasn't on the bed because my tears would soak the blanket. I bit my lip hoping that the thunder would fade soon. I was subconsciously rocking back and forth helping the butterflies die down.

The door suddenly swung open and I heard it close lightly. Only Delia closed a door that gently. I peaked over the bed, I had been right. I hadn't heard her approach the door and I didn't want her to see me so I made myself smaller. She walked over to the side where I was.

A pitiful look came my way. "I'm so sorry honey" she kneeled to me. I reached out and hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry" I mumbled. I typically apologized for my worrying. She didn't say anything but her hand caressed my back.

My breathing slowed and she let go of me. She stood and grabbed something from her closet. "I'll get you your favorite shirt of mine".

I was going to a party with Zoe before it stormed, I had decided to stay at last minute because of the rain. I had on a dress and heels that now laid beside me.

Cordelia put her hand out. I grabbed it, she sat me down on the bed and lifted my arms. Her soft hands pulled the maroon dress over my body until I was in my underwear. I put my arms down to pull off her shoes. She stopped me.

"Stop I don't want you to help me" her voice was stern. I looked back to her, "You're helping me". She kissed my cheek to shut me up then reached over to unclip my bra.

I moved, she smiled and grabbed my waist gently. "Don't move away from me little girl" I giggled and tried to slide out of her grasp. She began to tickle me and I broke out into laughter. "Please I'll be good, please delia" she stopped.

Her eyes sparkled, "you promise" she poked a finger into my side. I nodded and sat back up. Just as she took off my bra another flash and boom echoed outside.

I looked down, she placed her head on my shoulder and whispered. "I'll protect you sweetheart" she moved my hair and kissed my neck. I nodded. She lifted herself up and raised my arms again to put on her shirt.

"Honey, you have mascara running down your face", her hand lifted my chin. She reached over and opened the nightstand drawer. "Close your eyes dear", I did as told. I felt a cold makeup wipe. After a few swipes I opened my eyes.

She seemed entranced in thought, she took off her rings and placed then on the nightstand before looking back at me. I placed my hand on hers.

"What's wrong", I knew it was better to ask her than try to use my clairvoyance. Not much bothered Cordelia now days, only her girls.

"I shouldn't have left you here alone" she looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "I'm fine, I shouldn't be so scared of a storm" I scoffed at myself. "I don't want the last time you were alone to happen again".

Cordelia felt responsible for that night, only the second night I was here. I hadn't thought about it often.

It was late and most of the girls were asleep. I had been reading when the storm started. I crept out of my room. The fear brought out the worst of my mind, the thoughts that I wouldn't have to be scared if I ended my life. I sat in the tub downstairs listening to the thunder crying to myself about the razor placed in my hand. Cordelia opened the door quickly hugging me. She took the razor gently placing it on the sink and caressing my back. I remembered her words. "It's okay, shh, shh, I've got you".

"I'm better now Delia, I'm okay" I hugged her side. "Next time call me" she said wiping her nose. I nodded, "Can I help you now". She smiled.

I quickly undressed her, I threw her clothes onto the floor. I kissed her and let my hands snake around her back to unclip her bra. She pulled away and did it herself silently mocking me along the way.

After she put on a night shirt she climbed over me and kissed me again. I fell backward into the pillow letting her tongue explore my mouth. She came back up hovering over my body, I began to laugh and so did she. We both giggled, I covered my mouth hoping nobody was in the house asleep.

Cordelia tried to bring her laughter to a stop but her words still came out some what incoherent, "I love you so much". I heard what she said through her giggling fit, "I love you too".

Word count: 903

What a great way to start my short stories. I hope you found the ending as wholesome as I did.

Xoxo 💜💜 SssarahPaulson