June 21st 2022

Diane X Reader
Warnings: Anxiety, Gun
After a nightmare reader has a panic attack

Diane kissed my cheek as I slid under the covers. I pushed into her before she pulled back, "You forgot to turn off the light baby".

I pouted scurrying to the opposite side of the room. Taking in a breath I flicked the switch, the second it went dark I ran to the bed hoping up to avoid the underneath.

Diane laughed, she loved when I did that. I embraced her again, her arms wrapped around me.

"Goodnight sweetheart" I gave a big smooch to her cheek before shutting my eyes.

I covered my mouth seeing Diane run from the armed man. There was nothing I could do being frozen with fear. Raising the pistol he let out a shot. Screaming I incoherently mumbled "no no".

I began to hear him speak, "Wake up".

The voice slowly formed to Diane's prompting me to open my eyes. Half asleep I felt my own face, my cheeks were wet.

"Honey?" Diane whispered bringing me into full consciousness. I quickly sat up, still sobbing I reached for her.

I mumbled over her should I couldn't even make out what I had said. "Calm down, I'm here" I wiped my face sinking back into bed.

Not knowing what to do Diane hugged my body whispering sweet nothings into my ear.

Within a few minutes I felt myself drift off.

I woke up to the bright light in the window, Diane was standing in the closet.

"What are you doing?" I got up putting my arms over her waist. "Just picking something out for school".

A sudden fear crossed my mind, what if someone shoots up her school?

I backed up playing with my fingers, she would be off spring break in a few days. She turned, "You want some breakfast?".

I nodded reaching next to her to get some clothes. Pulling my shirt over my head there was a loud knock.

Me and Diane both made our way downstairs. She grabbed the knot unlocking it.

"Don't" she confusingly backed up giving me the benefit of the doubt. I looked out the window seeing the mailman.

I breathed a sigh of relief and opened the door. I peaked out taking the package from him.

I shut the door after thanking him, locking it Diane stood with her arms folded.

"What was that?" She stood waiting for my answer. "I was such excited" I turned avoiding her by opening what I knew was just pillow cases.

She didn't say anything, when I looked back she was gone. Brushing it off I looked at the cases.

Later that afternoon I set the table. Diane walked in helping me, she broke the silence. "So what was that nightmare about?".

"Um, I can't remember" she tilted her head detecting the lie. I ignored it beginning to distribute the pasta.

"Y/n" she approached me. "Hm?" she grabbed my chin forcing my head her direction. "Tell me".

Sighing I checked her expression, "I had a dream that someone broke in". Her hand repositioned itself into a softer pose, her eyes did the same.

"Keep going" I put the pot down looking to the floor. "He had a gun" her another hand found its way to my cheek.

She leaned in kissing me, "Nobody is going to hurt you or me I promise". I let a soft smile and gave a small peck back.

Satisfied with my reaction she sat down to eat, I followed.

Preparing for bed that evening I thought about Diane going back to work, How could I know she'd be safe?

I pushed my worries down hoping they'd stop before she went back.

She slowly kissed my neck bringing me away from my fears. I hummed as she moved to my jaw leaving little love bites.

I lifted my head to give her one last kiss while she leaned in to nuzzle her head in my hair.

I wasn't really tired so I just listened to Diane's breathing. When it slowed I intertwined my fingers with her limp hand.

Right as I closed my eyes the sound of a engine passed the house. In curiosity I slowly pushed Diane off and looked out the bedroom window.

Headlights tediously went by. It's just a car it's okay.

My heart began to race but I sat down on the bed. A few more minutes passed by until I heard rustling of leaves.

I immediately leaped up, quietly as possible I ran to the bathroom. I knew no one was here but that didn't stop me from tearing the bathroom apart for any kind of weapon.

I hadn't realized I was breathing heavily and I was crying. Finally I stumbled behind the shower curtain.

The sound of someone's feet echoed outside the door. My hands were gripped on the only thing I found, the curling iron.

Shutting my eyes hoping I was in another nightmare the door swung open.

I blocked my head to avoid the attacker, they started to pull my arms down. Panicking I began screaming, I felt a soft palm cup my cheek.

"Honey open your eyes" I hesitantly looked up seeing the redhead holding onto my arms.

I burst into sobs, "I'm sorry Diane". She sighed taking the curling iron out of my hand.

She embraced me, "Is this because of the dream you had?". Wiping off the snot om my nose I nodded.

"Your therapist said you need to see her tomorrow" she lifted me out of the tub.

I shook my head, "I'm fine".

"Sitting in the bathroom at one am with a makeshift weapon is not fine" I placed my head down.

I climbed under the blankets Diane following. "I'll be here with you all night, the doors are locked and I've got the alarm system set" she caressed my face beginning to play with my hair.

I shoved my head in the crook of her neck. "Go to sleep sweet girl" I smelled the calming scent of her hair.

I felt myself drift off in her arms.

Word Count: 1020

If anyone has any suggestions I'm getting desperate 😅

Xoxo 💜💜 SssarahPaulson