January 2nd 2023

Ally x Reader
Warnings: Panic attack/Anxiety
Reader has panic attack and Ally let's them spend the night.

I turned down the steps taking in a sharp breath.

I had kept my composer till I got Oz to bed but I wasn't sure I still could. It was like I had been pumped full of adrenaline.

My mind wandered further to what started it.

How slick the road was this morning, Ally left in such a rush and has been so busy. God what if she gets in an accident.

I rushed to the door to see the snow covering over what little melted today.

I sat on the armchair trying to take deep breaths.

Her car can't handle the ice. It's dark, it's a Friday night, it's freezing. If she get stuck or in an accident she won't make it.

I was so busy thinking about where she was I hadn't realized I was crying, shaking in the blue chair.

I felt the tear trickling down my cheek. Stop being dramatic, you are nothing but a babysitter to her.

My heartbeat picked up with the wind outside. I was too far gone now.

I was practically gasping for any kind of air through my sobs. Broken glass, fire, smashed car parts.

I shut my eyes taking a pitiful inhale.
Suddenly I felt a soft touch on my shoulder to which I tried to lift my gaze.

Ally knelt below me barely touching me. "Y/n? What's wrong?", I only bit my lip too defeated to speak.

I could see the light bulb, she had mentioned her experience with these things before.

She was hesitant to make contact with me instead she spoke calmly. "Alright Sweetheart take a deep breath with me".

Mine was shaky and uneven compared to hers I focused best I could. She did it a few more times, "You're doing good, keep going".

Her hands gently cupped my face, "Think of five things you can see?".

I focused in on her eyes, but couldn't get much further than that.

A small voice caught Ally's attention, "What's wrong with her?". The blonde boy who normally could care less about me seemed worried.

"She's just a little worked up". Now you're wasting everyone's time with your stupid episode.

My breathing faulted as I started to cry again. "Honey, it's ok, I'm right here, look at me".

I looked to her son who I should been acting like an adult in front of, she pulled my face to her.

"In...out, five things you see", I followed her breaths and looked.

The TV, the grey rug, a comic book, my painted finger nails, her large brown eyes.

"You got them? Four things you hear, Come on baby".

It took me a few minutes before my heartbeat and breaths slowed slightly. I went limp, no longer trying my best to grip Ally's arms for stability.

"See, she's alright", Ally left go rubbing my thigh for a moment of reassurance.

She stood, "I'll be right back, remember deep breaths". She went upstairs pushing Ozzy up in front of her.

I sniffled adjusting myself after my dramatic fit that I was still coming down from. It didn't take long for her to return holding a wipe to cleaning off my running mascara.

She stayed silent and I finally managed to speak, "I'm sorry". "Don't be" her thumb caressed my cheek as she softly rubbing away.

"I shouldn't have done that around Oz", she tilted her head. "You can't control it".

She stopped backing away to pick up a dirty glass. "I should go" I stood.

"Not in this weather, you've got everything you need, just stay". I fidgeted with my hands knowing she wasn't going to let me leave.

She walked to the kitchen, I followed her as I was not completely relaxed yet.

"I made omelets, Oz wasn't a big fan" I laughed. "He ate though, right?", I nodded.

"Do you want any, or some tea or something?" She smiled. "You're off the clock honey, you don't have to do anything".

She passed by me, smiling wide and inches away from my face. "Lets watch a movie", she led me back into the living room.

I sat on the opposite side of the couch from her. It didn't take long for her to choose a movie.

I watched her mostly leaning into the arm rest. I was exhausted.

I was suddenly being spoken to softly, "Wake up". I squinted at her, I must have dozed off.

She clicked the television off that played credits and was waiting for me to stand.

By the time we reached the steps I realized I hadn't finished washing the guest rooms bedding. I let a small sigh believing I'd end up on a bare mattress.

Making my way to it Ally watched and stopped me. "Oh, Don't worry about it you can sleep with me".

"Really?" She nodded. I sheepishly followed her immediately resting on the bed when I made it in.

She slipped in next to me. "What was bothering you earlier?", she made eye contact with me.

I didn't want to lie to her, "I was worried you wouldn't make it home". Her face fell into a pained yet charmed look.

"I was what got you all upset?" I looked down. "I'm sorry, I've been so busy all I've had time to do-", "It's fine, I understand".

Her hand reached out to caress my hair. "You're so sweet", her fingers trailed to my cheek, then my jaw where she held it there.

It was like she was taking me in. Before I knew it she had leaned in connecting our lips.

I froze, it didn't last long and she backed away. "Goodnight", she shut off the lamp.

Oh no, I messed it up. She thinks I didn't want her to.

I was still locked in place, suddenly I took in a large breath. "You're a good kisser".

Why would you say that?

She giggled pulling me further into the blanket, in the dark I didn't realize she did this to kiss me again.

It was deeper and softer, she cuddled up to me. "Goodnight" I whispered.

Word Count: 1035

Xoxo 💜💜 SssarahPaulson