June 10th 2022

Wilhemina x reader
Warning: Sh, sh shaming
Reader goes out and gets shamed by someone

I walked to through the strip mall alone. My girlfriend was working, she was always working. It felt nice to be out in the summer though, even if I was alone.

I finally feel comfortable wearing short sleeves, after the scars had faded. I walked into a small coffee shop.

The line was long so I pulled out my phone and waited.

Within a few minutes I heard feet shuffle behind me. I turned seeing a young girl and her father, too occupied talking on his cell phone to notice.

I decided to make conversation with the girl. "Hi".

She smiled at me and whispered behind her hand, "Shh I'm invisible". I didn't doubt she did that to cope with her father's behavior. I nodded.

She must have been about six or seven. I reached in my hand bag for a piece of gum. I placed it out for her pretending to look off.

She grabbed it putting it in her mouth. After a second of her chewing her dad looked at her annoyed then to me. "Could you leave my daughter alone please".

I gave him a passive aggressive smile and turned back. He mumbled something.

"God disgusting, look at her arms, must love the attention" I knew his comment was just to make me upset but I truly was hurt by it. I held back the tears in my eyes as I kept looking forward.

Once I got to the front I just ordered, got my stuff and left. On my way out the girl waved at me, I waved back before the dad forced her arm down.

I quickly ran to the car, I was beginning to feel myself spiral. In the car I sped home, pulling in the driveway I made a plan.

I avoided making any noise to prevent Wilhemina from knowing I was home. I went past her office and straight up the stairs.

I reached into the cabinet searching for some kind of sharp object. Knowing Wilhemina got rid of all the razors I moved to the tub.

I found the plastic one she used for her legs. I placed it onto the floor smashing it with my shoe. The plastic snapped under the contact and I grabbed one of the thin blades.

I immediately repeated the habit I tried so hard to get rid of. Realizing what I had done as the bubbles of blood spread I started sobbing.

All of Wilhemina's hard work down the drain. It took her so long to convince me I was worth it.

But was I really? What was the point if I would get treated like shit anyway?

I cleaned myself up quietly and made my way downstairs throwing my hoodie over myself. I knew I should tell Wilhemina, but I would be fine.

I knocked on her door waiting for the sweet come in. I opened the door and smiled at her.

She was typing at her purple computer, her hair pulled back in a ponytail. She had purposely unbuttoned the first two buttons on her deep violet under shirt.

I stepped into the room standing in front of the desk hoping she'd allow me to come to her. She tapped her slender finger on her lap so I climbed on it.

I got pulled into a passionate kiss but she backed away realizing I was wearing my sweater.

"Did you wear this out?" I shook my head biting my lip. She eyed me suspiciously.

"I got cold, I think I'm coming down with something" this little lie made her frown. She brushed her hand through my hair.

"If you are maybe you should lie down" I pouted she knew I was lying. I kissed her again.

"Hm No" she removed her lips from mine. I huffed and stood walking back to the door, I looked back at her. "Will you come take care of me?" She nodded.

I raced up the stairs hearing her slowly follow me.

I excitedly got in bed watching her walk to me. She laid next to me cuddling up to my body. "Why don't you take this off for me" it was more of a demand.

Her phone rang. Oh saved by the bell.

She looked at it, her eyes flashed angrily. She gets so furious with other people. She answered it.

Hearing the voice on the other line She placed her pointer finger up, "Sorry honey I have to take this". I solemnly sunk into the bed with her absence.

And I began to cry again. Today had just turned into a bad sequence of events. I got up to go to the bathroom. I decided to use the blade one more time.

It's only for today. Only today.

I swiped it over my arm countless times. When I finished I cleaned my arm for the second time then made my way back to the bed.

I cried until falling asleep.

I woke up to Wilhemina kissing my temple. She felt my head realizing I was awake.

"Maybe you really are getting sick" she seemed concerned. I turned uncomfortably, "you don't look so good".

I sarcastically spoke, "Thank you". She looked down and embraced me. I fell into her soft body, she was so warm.

"How about we go out to eat, let me take you somewhere special sweetheart" I nodded. We got ready, I made sure to keep my hoodie on, no matter where we went.

As I opened the door to exit she stopped me. "Are you really going to wear that in this heat?".

I nodded nonchalantly she spoke again. "You're gonna get hot" her voice rose. "I just...I'm not feeling well Mina drop it".

She was taken aback by my attitude. "Honey what's wrong" she was catching on now and I busted at the seams.

Breaking down into cries I yelled, "LETS JUST GO PLEASE".

She approached me hugging me causing me to fall limp into her. I started to sob in her clothes.

"What happened, you've been acting weird since you got home this morning". I lifted the sleeve on my sweater showing her the fresh cuts.

She looked pained, "where did you get it". "From your razor in the tub". She stayed quiet before picking up my arm and kissing it softly.

"This man at the store called me disgusting" I mumbled. Her eyes met mine, "I think you're beautiful, all of you, every scar and thought".

I smiled still crying against her, "then why do you spend all your time working". My question wasn't meant to start an argument or upset her, it was from my own doubts and she knew it.

"So I can afford to keep you, but if you wish, I will take more time off to be with you". I felt kinda bad but kissed her. "And don't feel bad, I wouldn't have it any other way" she brought her lips back to mine.

Word Count: 1170

This one was a long one.

Xoxo 💜💜 SssarahPaulson