June 14th 2022

Ellie Staples X Reader
Tw: Pills, Mania, Light Smut
Ellie discovers Reader stopped taking pills and tries to take care of them

I paced around the room feeling a sense of anger over come me. I scattered paper across the floor and began throwing books. After tiring myself out I sunk down to the floor crying in my hands.

Why am I this way? What is wrong with me? After a few minutes I dozed off.

Waking up I realized the room I was in was trashed. The coffee table was flipped, papers and trinkets laid around the room, books were open with pages torn out. I clearly had had another episode.

Fuck.

Now I had to clean this all up before Ellie got home. I didn't want her to know I was off my meds again.

But she was a psychologist so it was hard. I had just chalked it down to my abusive mothers death.

Quickly I picked everything up trying to place it back where it was before. Once it was all normal I hurried upstairs.

I sat and read until Ellie got home from work. When I heard her open the door I hoped she didn't see any signs I ruined her office.

But I heard her come up the steps the same as any day.

"Hi darling, how was your day" I mustered a smile and got up to hug her. "It was ok" she could tell I was withdrawn.

Her smile faded a bit, her hands ran down my back. "Were you in my office today?".

I knew she didn't care if I was, just curious as to why. I pulled myself back, "yeah, only to get a good book".

"Mhm" she could sense the lies. I changed the subject, what a mistake. "What about dinner?".

She stayed silent and turned to go downstairs, her fiery curls bouncing on her way down. I went after her hoping she was not about to do what I thought.

She looked into the medicine drawer searching for something, "Where are your pills?". I didn't respond.

"Where are your pills Y/n?", "I don't know Ellie". She bit her lip giving me time to come up with anything.

"When did you stop taking them?" Her gaze was strong. "What do you mean".

"Did you forget I have a camera in my office?" I looked down. Shit.

"A few weeks ago". "God I knew something was wrong, why didn't you tell me sweetheart?" Her disapproval killed me.

"I didn't think I needed them anymore". "You know that's not how that works, what did you do with them?". I pointed toward the trash resulting in a sigh from her.

She embraced me and I began to cry into her. "I'm so sorry" my sobs became heavy. "I just figured I could handle it".

She didn't respond, hugging me tighter. "I'll call to get you a new prescription, this time I'll keep the pill bottle", "but I-".

"Listen, last time it was a small slip up, this time you purposely stopped taking them and we can't take any chances". I nodded deciding not to argue with her.

She grabbed my hand leading me back to our bedroom. She changed out of her work clothes. I watched on the bed as she slowly took off that white dress I loved so much. She looked in the closet before pulling out some pajamas.

A pair of soft pants and a large t-shirt were thrown my way. As I changed Ellie made her way to the phone.

I figured she was calling the pharmacy, but when I heard her say sesame chicken I knew she was ordering take out. She pointed me downstairs while she paid.

I got out some tea for us and started a movie. When Ellie sat on the couch I leaned into her.

"I'm sorry I trashed your office..and our bedroom" she brought her hands up to my face cupping my cheeks. "Honey I just want you to be okay" she rubbed her thumbs over my skin.

"I miss you" she pulled me in a soft kiss. "You can come with me to work tomorrow". I smiled placing my hands on her waist.

I moved to sit on her lap and she brushed my hair back. I kissed her jaw, normally she wouldn't let me take charge.

I trailed down to her collar bone making red marks. She threw her head back giving me more access. I eagerly massaged her breasts under her shirt. Her breaths became heavy.

I tried to bring up her shirt, she suddenly stopped me. "I don't feel good taking advantage of you when you aren't in the right state of mind" she seemed hesitant to tell me this.

"What do you mean, I'm fine now" I yanked on her shirt again. "It feels wrong" she was concerned I could sense that but it upset me.

"You had no problem last night Ellie" I felt myself begin to become aggressive. The kind of aggressive where I just couldn't stop. "I didn't know" she bit her lip.

I stood turning around to race up the steps. I fucked it all up and now she doesn't want to be with me.

When I got the our bathroom I locked the door behind me. There wasn't any thing I could hurt myself with, Ellie made sure of that. So instead I opened the cabinet.

Inside was benadryl, benadryl that Ellie only gave me the time I was too ill to get out of bed. I took it out and took two.

I heard Ellie knock gently on the door. "Sweetheart, let's talk about this", "You're not my therapist Ellie".

She stayed quiet so I unlocked the door. She barged in immediately searching in the cabinet, when her eyes saw the benadryl she panicked.

"I only took two, just to fall asleep" she calmed confirming it by counting the pills. She placed my hand in both of hers.

"Okay honey let's go to bed" she got up and led me to the bedroom where she locked the door behind us. "Can you promise me you'll stay here tonight, with me" I nodded.

We laid on the bed and she cuddled me. Normally she'd brush her teeth and get stuff for the next day but she just hugged me tightly.

I began to cry into her, I caused her so much worry and pain. "Ellie I'm sorry" she kissed my temple not responding.

"Does it bother you?" I whispered. "No sweetheart" she kissed me again.

I sat crying clinging to her in the dark. Her hand caressed my back until I dozed off in her arms.

Word Count: 1095

Xoxo 💜💜 SssarahPaulson