January 30th 2024

Sally X Reader
Tw: Addiction, Pills, Alcohol, Suicide
Reader falls into a relapse

I sat behind the tub. My vision blurring in and out while I watched the orange bottle.

The capsules inside taunting me. I slumped down the porcelain sighing to myself.

I couldn't pay for another night in this hotel.

I had already been here for two weeks to avoid being searched for in my own apartment.

You could just end it all.

I thought about it, deciding on the pills instead. I poured out half of them, taking them into my mouth.

I gave it a few minutes, waiting. I was interrupted by a knocking on the door in the hall.

I ignored it. But it only got louder, suddenly it wasn't outside the room.

It was on the other side of the bathroom. Anger overcame me, "GO AWAY".

It stopped, but the door's knob began to jiggle.

I didn't care anymore, I reached over to grab the tequila on the tiled floor.

Just as I got it to my lips, the door flung open. And the bottle was ripped out of my grasp.

I was too intoxicated to react, "What are you doing?", the blonde woman questioned.

"I don't know you" I whispered.

She ignored me, "You're throwing two years of sobriety away".

I furrowed my brows waiting for her to disappear. But she just stood making uncomfortable eye contact with me.

"Come on", she grabbed under my arms lifting me over the tub and out onto the floor.

I was too weak to fight her, she leaned to my level leaving me on my stomach.

"You come here when you're having a hard time, it's been two years, you avoided the bar, you avoided the shady drug dealers".

Who was this woman?

"If you stop now, you can get back on track". I stared up at her.

All I could think about was the burning sensation of alcohol that I craved. Her eyes softened.

"Y/n, I want to help you". She looked high herself, but I couldn't help but reach for her.

She lifted me again taking me out the bathroom and on to the bed.

I sat there, gazing at the painting above the bed. It was a ocean, consuming a boat.

That's how I felt.

She patted my face, "Are you listening?". I didn't respond.

She sighed, "I know you're really high and really drunk, but try to focus".

"If you don't stop, you'll die here, and no amount of anything will fix the way you feel".

"Are you an angel?", I reached out to feel her cheek.

She smiled softly, it looked like she was about to cry. "Maybe".

I stared at her, watching how her lips moved while she talked. It took her a couple of minutes to finally stop and lay her hand on mine.

She pushed me down gently on to the bed, covering me up and caressing my face. "Go to sleep now, this is all be gone tomorrow".

I closed my eyes and her touch melted into me.

My eyes slowly opened, and an immediate pain ached behind them.

"Fuck" I groaned, leaning over to stand. I was stumbled forward before stabilizing myself on a chair.

I had one thing in mind, my tequila.

I slithered to the bathroom grabbing on to the doorway to keep myself up. I gazed down at the floor.

No bottles, of pills or alcohol were in sight. I scanned the room, and then the bed.

Nothing. My shit was gone.

I turned to face the door, but was met with a woman looking down at me.

I jumped, "What the fuck?".

"You don't remember last night?", I raised a brow studying her features.

Bloodshot eyes lined with dark makeup. I doubt she remembered last night.

"Did we sleep together?", she blushed backing away. "No".

"..do I owe you money for drinks or something?", she sat on the bed fixing her eyes on me.

And it hit me how incredibly sexy this woman was, I'm sure I would have made a move on her the night before.

Her head shook and she folded her hands like she was about to say something uncomfortable.

"I'm confused", I was still working off the substances from last night while trying to find more.

She didn't speak but reached for my arms to pull me in, I gasped at how cold her fingers felt.

She looked deep into my eyes, sending chills up my spine.

"I dumped out the pills, poured them and your liquor down the drain" she whispered.

I furrowed my brows beginning to raise my voice, "You can't-". "You're relapsing sweetheart".

My angry dissolved at the name. Am I still drunk?

Without much thinking I leaned into her, stuffing my face into her animal print coat.

All I could do was sob.

Not just because I would have to start over, but because she had seen me. Nobody had ever seen me before.

She rubbed my back, "It's ok, shh, shh". I felt like a small child.

"You're going to be okay". She tightly wrapped her arms around me and squeezed.

Word Count: 856
Xoxo SssarahPaulson 💜💜💜