September 16th 2022

Cordelia X Reader
No Warnings
Cordelia and Reader go to sleep together. That's it, that's the story.

I brought the covers back up to my cheeks hiding my body beneath them. I had been laying here for a almost an hour.

Cordelia was no where in sight, and I never wanted to bother her if she was busy. So I sunk deeper into the mattress that seemed so uncomfortable without her.

The only thing was, I was beginning to worry. She was in her office all day, it was getting late.

I sighed finally placing my feet on the freezing wood floor. I peaked outside the door looking to see if any of the girl's lights were on.

Feeling as if I was in the house completely alone I exited the bedroom. When I got to Delia's workspace I felt nervous.

She of course wouldn't be cross with me, or even be annoyed that I asked. So I knocked gently on the frame.

"Come in" her soft voice made me smile as I slipped through the dark into her dimly lit office. Before I could speak she did.

"Y/n, What are you doing up?", she had her glasses on telling me she had been doing paperwork of some kind.

"I'm sorry Delia, I couldn't sleep without you" her mother like concern turned into a sweet smile.

"No no I'm sorry, I shouldn't have kept you waiting". I approached her desk.

"What are you working on?" I sat on it making sure not to move any papers. "Nothing, do you want me to come up for a little?".

My face turned downward, "I want you to get some sleep" I whispered glancing at the sheet in her hands.

She let a angelic laugh escape her lips. "Let me finish this, ok sweetheart?", I nodded swinging my legs.

I was exhausted, but I knew the second I laid down without the blonde my mind wouldn't allow me to sleep.

I watched the woman write her signature, read, and meet my gaze a few times. After so long she reached out to touch my cheek.

"You're falling asleep on me baby" I guess I had been leaning my head on my own hand giving me the ability to rest.

She continued, "Go upstairs and I'll be there in a few minutes". It was a gentle order that I would have fought if not for my tiredness.

I did, snuggling back under the comforter when I laid down. I sat waiting to see my girlfriend walk in.

She did after a few minutes just like promised.

I smiled while she unbuttoned her blouse, the heat rising to my cheeks.

"I know you're watching" she mocked covering herself up again with a pajama shirt. She slid off her trousers.

Quietly she made her way to the bed, getting in beside me. She smelled like lavender and rosemary, the scent calmed me as I inched closer to her chest.

Her hand found its way to my spine, rubbing the spot slightly. I trailed my fingers up her arm with my skull nestled in the crook of her neck.

"Honey, You can sleep now" she stated. I knew what she was trying to do. Slip back downstairs to sign papers.

"Turn off the light please" I whispered hugging her closer. She reached over.

I was fighting to keep my eyes open as I listened for her breathing to slow. Eventually, after what felt like hours, it did.

The sound of her heart beating, her loosened embrace, the rate of her breathes. She, finally, was asleep.

Contently I did too, making sure to have my arms wrapped around her so she couldn't leave.

Our quiet snores mixed.

Word Count: 620

I know this is short, but I wanted to write something sweet and simple because I know a lot of people have been going through a hard time. Like always, my dms are open.

Xoxo 💜💜 SssarahPaulson