June 4th 2022

Cordelia X reader
Warning: Cigarettes
Reader can't sleep and Cordelia comforts her

I sat up looking into the dark knowing I was facing the room's white wall. But it didn't feel like it. It felt like I was back home, the home that had ruined and abandoned me.

I moved my legs over the edge of the bed and stepped forward careful not to wake the other girl in my room. I approached the door and opened it before exiting into the moonlit hallway.

I was just as quiet going down the steps and out the front door. I reached into the bush next to the railing brushing my fingers through it looking for my cigarettes.

I know cigarettes are bad and I know they smell, I want to quit but the little puffs of smoke I blow from my mouth after are full of my thoughts. When the smoke starts to fade into nothing my brain empties a little. It's comforting.

I lit the cigarette, there wasn't a need for a lighter if I could create a flame by just using my eyes. I took a deep inhale, and let go. It had only been at most ten minutes before I heard the door open.

With my brain still fogged I turned meeting Cordelia. I hadn't been here long, but I knew Cordelia was kind, and powerful. I was quiet and didn't bother anyone during lessons so she only looked at me with her hypnotic brown eyes and the kind of smile that made seemed to make the sun shine less.

I quickly let out the cigarette and pushed it into my hand to throw it away later. I half smiled waiting for her to tell me to go back to bed.

But she didn't, "enjoying the stars?" She asked. I hadn't realized how soft her voice was until it was standing alone only accompanied by the wind.

"Uh not really", she ignored my response and sat next to me. She laughed, "what's got you up so late honey". I wasn't going to answer this question honestly. Not because I didn't want to be truthful with her, but most people didn't react well when I shared.

"Just couldn't sleep". "If you ignore it, it won't go away". She knew something was up, I bet she could do some freaky shit like read minds. Since I stayed silent she continued, "I'm not gonna harass you into telling me, but I just want to help sweetheart".

I guess her words worked magic too because I felt I could talk to her. "Memories of not great things". She waited. "I told you guys that I was a homeless orphan basically when I got here, but I did have a home and a family I just didn't want to be there anymore".

"What if they're worried about you" she questioned. I sighed, "They told me to leave".

She pulled me into a hug. I began to cry under her embrace. Nobody had hugged me in a long time.

She pulled away and wiped my tears. "Well now you have a home with us". She smiled cupping my face with both her hands. I looked at her lips. I wanted to kiss her so badly.

"We should go inside, it's getting chilly" I nodded and got up putting out my hands to help her. She dusted off her night gown.

I turned left after climbing the steps. "Where are you going?", "to my room". Cordelia laughed as if she knew something  I didn't. "You're sleeping with me" it was more of a question but I followed her to her room.

She smiled closing the door behind us. I took in a sharp breath as she led me to her bed. I sat on it and she gripped my hand.

"You don't have to be nervous sweetheart, I don't bite" She laughed. Her laughter was intoxicating.

She continued, "relax a little bit". She bit her lower lip and caressed my hand with her thumb.

She laid down and patted next to her. I crawled to that spot and placed my head onto her pillow. She frowned and moved her arm behind my head. I didn't move until she pushed me closer to her and began to play with my hair. I let my body become less tense. I thought I heard her whisper. "Good girl".

I began to drift off and scooted onto her. My head lay on her chest and I could hear her heartbeat.

Word count: 751

A lot of these will probably be fluff because I'm all cheesy and gushy. I just hope they're good.

Xoxo 💜💜 SssarahPaulson