Chapter 55: Concern Citizen

The supposedly the day of my wedding is the day we had to have Mom's funeral.

All of my brothers were there. Except Eros. I didn't get to see him for the last 2 years. I saw Fred from afar and someone with a long hair too. And also a guy standing so far from us.

The funeral was too heavy for me as I was bothered from what Mama was trying to say but I just couldn't understand why she is always saying sorry to me.

Napatingin ako kay Markus na nasa tabi ko. I leaned my head over his shoulder. He pats my back. And after that he left me. They all left me. After the funeral, they went home except for me.

Nakalibing na lahat-lahat. Pero hawak ko pa din ang rosas. Naibibigay ko pa kay Mama.

I took a deep breath.

But it was so difficult for me to imagine myself leaving her in this big grave. With her name carved on to the tile. Napatakip ako sa bibig ko as the thunder became real loud.

I cried hard alone as the rain also poured unto me.

I left the Rose at Mom's grave and turned around.

And I saw Eros.

I can remember his name. He always makes a scene 2 years ago and he suddenly left also. But his face is very familiar to me. As if I have spent a lot of time with him.

"Eros?"

"Vea." He replied. He looks hopeful.

Napatingin ako sa taong nasa likoran din ni Eros. It was Markus.

"Eros." Sabi ni Markus and I felt safe. Eros is wild. He always is even after I woke up from everything.

"Markus. I didn't come here to take her away from you." Eros said. He slightly tilted his head to say that to Markus. "I am visiting my concern citizen's grave today. And so is to my step-mother."

My lips parted.

What?

Eros tilted his head back and looked straight at me under the rain.

"I'm done playing this game." Eros said. "No more running."

Eros turned his back from me and walked past at Markus but Markus placed his hand over Eros's shoulder.

"Give it some time." I can hear Markus said. What does he mean by that?

Eros didn't say anything. He left.

After the funeral, months passed. Markus treated me differently.

As he held my hands, I just keep on smiling. We're dancing without music. I have never heard a silence quiet so loud. But it's beautiful. It's nice.

"Vea... There's something I need to give you."

It wasn't too long ago when my family introduced Markus to me as my fiancé. That was the very first memory I've ever had since I have an amnesia. I believe I was with him eversince. I believe he was the one. I did not tried to question that one.

It's been 2 years since I had an amnesia and there was no signs of having my memories back. I preferred to not have it back to be honest, since I'm already happy. It was already beautiful. I like what was happening. Except the part where I lost my Mom.

2 years when I spent my life with Markus. He was cold but sweet. He never kiss me nor touch me. He never talked a lot, and I just wonder why. There was something in him that made me want to wait what he would try to say to me.

"There's something that I have to tell you." Said he.

I was expecting a proposal. I feel like Markus and I has been through a lot of proposals lately.

There, he kneeled down.

I held my breath as I was watching him staring at me.

"You're just wonderful, vea. I don't know how to describe you. You deserve all the great things and beautiful things in the world. You know how much I love you. You're perfect. You deserve...nothing but honesty." He paused. I can hear how his voice broked at the last word.

He pulled out a little box and handed it to me. Yes, he handed it. Binuksan ko iyon and smiled at him when I saw a ring.

Napatigil ako.

Yes, it's a ring.

Naglaho ang ngiti ko.

"Why is your ring here?" Sabi ko nang hindi nakatingin sa kanya. Nakapokus lang ang mga mata ko sa singsing na ito.

"I'm sorry." He said. Napayuko siya. "Vea, I can't do this anymore."

Napakunot ang noo ko at napatingin sa kanya.

"You'll soon found out why." Mabilis na sabi niya. Pero hindi ko siya maintindihan. "Vea, lahat nang nangyayari ay may mga rason. It was for your own good. Always remember that. Lahat ng decisions ay nangyayari para sa kabutihan ng lahat. Sayo. You're not supposed to feel this way pero..."

"Ano bang pinagsasabi mo?" Sabi ko. Naiiyak na ako. "Are you breaking up with me?"

Kaya pala kahit dalawang taon a ang lumipas, hinding-hindi siya nag propose to marry me. He just gave me a ring before para ma-assure ako? And that he had the same ring with me to symbolize na may kami? Na mag-fiance kami? God!

"Y-yes."

He can't look at me.
He avoided my gaze.
It was painful inside.

"Vea, things are getting complicated." Sabi niya.

But why?

"I love you..." Sabi ko na lang.

Tumayo siya at hinawakan ang magkabilang pisngi ko. Napakagat labi siya.

He was tearing up too.

"Vea, the moment na okay ka na. Stay strong, huh? I want you to fight-"

Inalis ko ang kamay niya sa galit.

"I don't get it..." Sabi ko. Napailing ako at napatakbo sa loob ng kotse habang umiiyak.

Markus was tapping the window, forcing me to open it.

Pero ang tigas ng ulo ko at nagsimulang magmaneho. My eyes was blurry. I was already sobbing. I was so so down.

And my car hit the tree.