05| Kneel Down to Talk to Me

"She's not being a Bitch,
she's just less likely to fall for another Trick."

ROBERT KING's POV (Arabella's Father)

"WHAT?" All of my sons exclaimed in unison with a look of disbelief on their faces as they stared at me with wide eyes and shock clouding their features.

"Is it April-fools already?" Noah (the youngest son) muttered, earning a smack on the head from Mason (the older twin).

"His resistance to using his brain astounds me." Max said with a sigh, a tired look on his face as he shook his head at Noah.

"Will you just shut the fuck up?" Mason grumbled to Noah at the same time as he hit him on his head, earning a glare in response.

"Nope! I can't let you start uttering crap." Noah replied with a smirk, seemingly proud of what he said.

"So you take the job to do it." Mason retorted blankly.

"You're less ugly if you stay quiet." Noah offendedly blew out air and muttered in annoyance.

Nope, these are not the ones I'm proud of...

Before they could continue their bantering, I cleared my throat, regaining their attention.

I looked at all my sons as the smile on my face didn't deter for a second.

Ahead of them swamping me with their questions, I told them the entire conversation I had on the phone with the officer, and then showed them the picture of Arabella on my phone.

They all surrounded Alexander who was holding my phone. The younger ones seemed to be pushing each other in an attempt to get a clearer view of the phone.

All of them stared at my phone without blinking as if they were scared that the picture would somehow disappear if they blinked at all.

"She resembles Alexander the most." Kyson (the younger twin) whispered, breaking the silence in the room.

Everyone turned to look at him in shock. Kyson is selectively mute, and he doesn't talk to anyone except his twin, Mason.

The sudden attention on him caused him to glare at everyone but a smile instantly spread across every one's face as they realised that Arabella has yet to arrive but she has already warmed up his heart.

Not just Kyson, I can already see the love and adoration in all of her brothers' eyes. I knew they'd protect her with their lives right then and there.

Noah, my youngest, had a glint of tears in his eyes.

He looked at me with the biggest grin and suddenly exclaimed, "YEAH!! I'M NO LONGER THE YOUNGEST. I CAN FINALLY BOSS SOMEONE AROUND FOR ONCE." This earned him another slap on the back of the head from Mason.

"I'm going to kick you, if you don't shut up. " Mason sighed and rolled his eyes at Noah's babbling.

"Just knock it off." Elijah said dryly as he let out a sigh of irritation.

"You asked it." Mason said as he raised his fist and forced it towards Noah.

"Not him, you idiot." Elijah asserted in a chiding tone, while shaking his head in disbelief as he pulled Mason back from punching Noah.