36| Poison?

ROBERT KING'S POV**Trigger alert- mention of torture and abuse**

ROBERT KING'S POV
**Trigger alert- mention of torture and abuse**

I've recently been debating whether or not I'm a good father.

I was thrilled and overjoyed when I first became a father, but I was also overwhelmed and scared.

The only question in my head was, "Will I ever be a good father?"

These feelings only intensified with each new addition in the family.

My emotions had been all over the place.

Many thoughts raced through my mind, but the one that remained constant throughout was an unwavering sense of determination of giving my all to raise my children and never letting any harm come upon them.

And yet I failed twice.

Ever since Arabella came home, she's been getting hurt.

First I missed 15 years of her life, and while I know it wasn't my fault, this overpowering sense of guilt never leaves my heart whenever I think about the kind of past she had gone through.

That night at the dinner was terrifying.

The look on my Arabella's face was horrifying, and when she asked me to kill her, it was like someone lit my soul on fire, burning my inside with raging flames of fire, while choking me at the same time with the dark smoke that came out of it.

She looked so scared, so broken and when I saw what was written on the mirror, my heart started to break.

All sorts of thoughts came running in my mind.

I wasn't scared to find out who this person was.

But I was afraid to know what he had done to my Arabella.

Then there was the breakdown in the kitchen, it was as if she was in so much pain, and for the first time in her life she was venting it all out.

All I wanted was to take her pain away, to make her forget everything, to make her happy.

But something always has to happen.

Why can't these fuckers leave my family alone for once.

When Kyson came into my office looking all disheveled, I knew that he knew. I knew Arabella had told him and I knew it was bad.

He didn't tell us anything, but still gave us a pretty good idea of what might have happened, along with giving us the name of that bastard who hurt my baby.

This morning, we all decided to let Arabella have a fun day out so she could forget about her worries while we had to deal with our hostage.

All the younger guys decided to tag along with Arabella, just to make sure she was safe.