55| Born in Mafia

ARABELLA'S POV

"I believe it is past time for us to tell you everything." Grandpa said as he motioned for me to sit next to him.

I sat down beside him as he held my hands in both of his, making me look at him.

"Before we tell you everything, I want you to know that we all love you no matter what you decide. We never intended to keep you in the dark, and we shouldn't have done so at all, but we did it because we didn't think it was the right time to tell you. We had just found you and we didn't want to lose you right away. We didn't want you to despise any of us. But I believe we have put it off far too long." He spoke softly, infusing every word with love and sincerity.

I didn't say anything and just stared back at him with whatever leftover teary vision I've had.

I had no idea what to say or how to react to the new information. I just wanted them to come clean so I could finally stop the explosion of thoughts that was causing havoc in my head.

"Are you really in the Mafia?" I asked not wanting to beat around the bush.

His expression on me didn't change, but I could see from my peripheral vision— my brothers looking at me with wide eyes.

"You don't mess around huh?" Grandpa asked light heartedly as I waited for him to answer my question.

"Yes, we are, Princess." I turned my face to look at the source of the voice.

Oh my god,

It's all fucking true.

They are mafia!

I'm a mafia princess

Holy shit—

He was staring at me with unreadable expressions on his face, but his eyes were filled with love and fear. I couldn't tell if he still doesn't want me to know or if he's worried about my reaction.

"You're all criminals."

Everyone's expressions turned cold as a result of what I said unconsciously.

But it's true–

"Please don't panic, let us explain." Dad continued and I saw him swallowing a lump. I didn't realise how wide my eyes had turned as I was staring at him with my mouth agape.

I looked around and saw that everyone was staring at me with dread.

"Okay." I said because I wanted to listen to what he has to say to defend 'this'.

With that said, dad made his way towards me as he kneeled down to come face to face with me.

I was still stunned by his earlier confession, and I really had no idea how to react or take in that information.

"Yes we all are members of the Mafia. We have been since our birth— as this family business has been passed down through generations. We were born in this world princess, we don't know if it's a privilege or a curse but it's our birth right. Our families have owned the American Mafia as well as the Italian Mafia for generations. Currently, Uncle Alessio's and Uncle Matteo's families look after the Italian Mafia, while ours look after the American Mafia. All of your older brothers are part of the Mafia while the younger ones are still in-training. I don't expect you to accept what we do, but I hope you accept us for who we are. If you have any questions, we will gladly answer them." Dad said as he brought his hands to cup both of mine.

"Arabella, please, we all love you. I know you'll be disgusted by us, but please don't leave us." I heard Mason say, his voice sounded desperate as I looked at the rest of my brothers who were looking at me with panic and hope.