37| A Match of Life 'n' Death

ARABELLA'S POV

ARABELLA'S POV

My life has been akin to sorrow and sympathy for these past 15 years or so.

I'm aware of my scars, I know my wounds, and I'm familiar with my triggers and I'm consciously aware of when I feel unsafe.

But every now and then, the simple act of letting go feels right, and by simply putting out the mess and releasing the thoughts can help find a momentary glimpse into tranquility.

And that is what I have decided to do today, I'm going to have faith in life, that it is beautiful even when it's a complete mess.

I have my family holding peace in my heart, and that is enough assurance that everything will soon work itself out.

So, right now I'm at the bottom of the stairs, holding an air horn directly in front of the microphone.

Lucca is operating the speaker that is connected to everyone's room, an air horn in his hand right in front of the microphone.

"Walkie-check" I say through my walkie-talkie.

"Affirmative, plan in action yet?" Lucca asked from the living room.

"On the count of three." I replied.

"Copy that." Lucca replied.

"Can we not talk like that?" I asked.

"Shut up you imbecile, it's the walkie-talkie lingo and that's how you speak, now back to action." Lucca's stern voice emitted from the device in my hand.

"Standby jackass." I said, making him laugh.

It means that I heard him but I'm too busy to reply, more like I don't want to reply.

"They are going to kill you." Kyson said from beside me.

"Don't worry, nobody will hurt us as long as Arabella serves as our body shield." Lucca replied in the walkie talkie, which caused me to look at it in disbelief, whereas, Kyson simply chuckled.

"All right I've heard enough of you speaking, now let's just put the plan in action, Three." I exclaimed excitedly.

"Two," Kyson said as he rolled his eyes, but I know he was just as excited.

"One" Came Lucca's voice and then there was a loud noise of air horn coming from everyone's room through the speakers, which was followed by loud cursing and banging on the doors.

Did I mention we also locked their doors?

Oh well, yes, we did.

"BEFORE YOU GUYS BREAK THE DOOR, LET ME STOP YOU RIGHT THERE. WE WILL BE OPENING YOUR DOORS IN EXACTLY 5 MINUTES, AND THAT'S ALL YOU'LL HAVE TO GET READY FOR A MATCH OF LIFE AND DEATH. WE'VE PUT WATER GUNS OUTSIDE ALL OF YOUR ROOMS, AND YES, OLD PEOPLE ARE ALSO PLAYING. SO THE RULES ARE VERY SIMPLE, WHOEVER STAYS THE LONGEST WITHOUT BEING SHOT WITH WATER LIVES, AND EVERYONE ELSE DIES. SO, LET THE GAME BEGIN !! ALSO NOAH, LUCCA SAID YOU'D BE THE FIRST ONE TO GET SHOT SO TRY NOT TO CRY ABOUT IT LATER." I yelled into the megaphone.