57| Just our thing

ARABELLA'S POV

ARABELLA'S POV

Yesterday was extremely intense.

A lot had happened— a lot of confessions were made, broken relations found a possible new start, the spiral of lies were finally undone, the feeling of betrayal was deduce down to understanding and honesty, admissions were made— forgiveness was asked, the mist hiding the answers was cleared as the truth became clearer.

The events of the last few days have left me exhausted both physically and mentally.

The bruise on my face was still visible and hurting, which were now camouflaged with undertones of my concealer— just like how the anxiousness that came with the truth was hidden behind my smile.

After Kyson's confession dad revealed the rest of the truth to me. The threats that were made against me, the entire reality about what happened and was happening with the situation of poison.

He cleared out that the incident that happened in the mall with that guy who poisoned himself after conveying a message of threat, was indeed, for me.

Well turns out I was the princess he was talking about.

My family refers to me as princess, but I never once imagined that a mere nickname would actually turn out to be true.

I mean who doesn't want to be a princess right?

He also told me about Danish. I could see the look of hesitation in his eyes, before he mentioned him.

The moment Danish's name came out of dad's mouth my anxiety got triggered as his name threatened to bring up unwanted memories which I didn't spare a second in pushing back down.

My gaze instantly met Kyson's guilty one.

The emotion of betrayal clouded my eyes, but dad quickly clarified that Kyson didn't say anything except giving out Danish's name.

It still felt like treachery because I had told Kyson in good faith, who apologized and also explained why he had to do it.

I understand that he was worried about the threat as the whole thing happened right under their noses and with them boasting about their mafias being the world's top two made the whole situation sort of a lot worse than I thought.

I'm not gonna lie, I had completely forgotten about what happened in the restaurant. I guess it's true that when you're with the right people, you forget about your worries, and I'm the most carefree when I'm with my family.

They also told me that they had, officer Danish hostage who wasn't much of a help- no surprise there.

But they concluded that there's a big powerful force behind all of this that's working against us. Dad also mentioned how Danish committed suicide using the same poison, which made me even more concerned about the future