70| Italy

ARABELLA'S POV

ARABELLA'S POV

Two weeks, that's how long it's been since Rhett and Bryn came to live with us.

Rhett had been extremely reluctant with the idea of staying but after having a long conversation with dad in his office, he agreed on staying until he was legally and financially able to look out for Bryn.

Dad had also agreed to act as guardian for Bryn and Rhett because their known family had refused to take them in, and Rhett was also still a minor.

Dad pulled up some strings and further managed to get away with the legal formalities involving the death of Rhett's father, which Lucca told me how it happened and to be honest I'm relieved that he's no longer alive.

Anyway this week has been extremely stressful for all of us. One of the reasons was a recent threat from Rhett's ex-boss to my family and Rhett himself.

When Lucca and I returned home from Aaron's house, we were greeted by an aura of extreme anger in the air around the house, which unsurprisingly belonged to the members of my family.

At that moment I was relieved that we had dropped off my friends before coming back because the sight was horrifying.

Our house was basically thrashed.

The guards were all inside, inspecting every single nook and cranny of the house.

Objects and pictures were being thrown around, the couches and tables were being turned upside down, and everyone was tearing and slashing apart everything and anything that they could find, they didn't even leave the walls.

Everyone was searching and looking around and it was as if the house had been raided.

When my family noticed Lucca and I standing frozen in our place at the entrance of the living room, Dad and my older brothers led us to Alexander's office, while the rest of them stayed behind to supervise and continue the wreckage that followed the search.

At the office, which looked like it had also been hit by a tornado like the rest of the house, Dad informed us about the phone call Rhett got from Jesse, the gang leader.