33| The one who Broke her

ALEXANDER'S POV

ALEXANDER'S POV

We were driving our way home, and everyone in the car seemed tense. Dante and Vincenzo, however, looked more confused.

Elijah and dad were both pretty anxious.

And I was well aware that everyone in my extended family was curious. They had a lot of questions regarding what happened tonight.

We hadn't told them anything about Arabella's past, because it wasn't our story to tell. But I sighed internally, knowing that we might have to answer them once we got home.

I suddenly felt Ara move in my arms, bringing me out of my anxious thoughts.

She was mumbling something incoherent, drawing the attention of everyone in the car.

All of a sudden she started thrashing around.

Nightmare,

She's stuck in a fucking nightmare

I quickly locked her arms into mine to keep her from hurting herself. Dad tried to wake her up, but instead, her movements became even more frantic.

Vincenzo quickly threw some water on her, causing her to jolt awake.

Damn man....

If she wasn't so out of it, she would have thrown the bottle right back at him.

"Are you all right, princess?" Vincenzo asked her worriedly, but she just stared back in a trance-like state.

"Hey baby sister, you're fine, you're safe with us." I said, trying to get her to snap out of whatever anxious thoughts she might be trapped into.

As if she realised I was holding her, she quickly tried to get away from me, pulling herself away as if my holding her was making her repulsive.

I don't have the strength to handle this..

It was straight up gut wrenching to see my baby sister in this state.

But since there wasn't much room in the backseat, she had no choice but to stay put, and for the rest of the ride she sat there tense.

"Please say something, princess." Dad spoke to her softly, as if he didn't want to break her.

But she didn't say anything, and kept staring into the distance, her eyes clouded with fear.