Chapter 48

I looked forward and saw a man standing at the stage with a microphone in hand. "On behalf of the bride and groom, I would like to say thank you so much for coming to the wedding!" Everyone started clapping so I did too. I had no clue what was going on to be honest. "Before we cut the cake, we are going to have anyone who wants to say anything to the happy couple come up here and speak."

One by one people came up and said their speeches. Some of them were crying while some of them were laughing at funny stories from high school and college. I paid attention merely out of respect but I was kind of spacing out the entire time. There was no way I could relate to what any of them were saying, so there was really no point to listening. Was the rude of me? Who cares...

Some of the people talked for so long that the other people around us were growing restless. There should be a damn time limit for these things. I looked over at Zayn and saw that he seemed to be bored too.

"How long until these speeches are done?" I whispered in Zayn's ear as we waited. He shrugged and squeezed my hand softly. I knew that if we both started talking, people would glare at us.

It must have been at least a half an hour that these speeches went on, probably more like an hour. When the last person finally finished, a giant cake was brought out and the bride and groom cut it together.

"I'm going to go get a piece, do you want one?" Zayn asked after a few minutes of waiting in his chair. He had waited for the line to die down a little before asking.

"No thanks, but I'll come with you," I smiled and stood up with him. He took my hand and we walked over to the cake. We continue walking and found a giant table with all kinds of desserts on it. I wasn't really hungry but I didn't want to see rude by not eating anything. "Can you toss me an apple?" I asked to Zayn because he was closer to this delicious stand of apples.

"You want an apple?" His smirked and reached for one.

"Yes, now toss it," I smiled and he tossed it. I heard giggling behind me and I turned around to see three elderly women with big smiles on their faces. One of the women said something to me in a language that I didn't understand. Zayn came to my rescue and replied with something that made them giggle even more. They walked away and I turned to Zayn with a confused look. "What did they say?"

"Umm...they said they were glad to see me with such a beautiful girl and they hope we are together for a long time," He smiled at me as he took some cookie type of thing. I took a cookie as well and then we started walking back over to the table.

"Aw, that's so sweet. I wish I knew what language they were speaking so I could converse with them." I sighed when we got back to the table.

"Maybe I'll teach you the few words I know," Zayn winked at me and kissed my cheek before digging into his cake. I finished off my cookie and then started eating the apple. "Are you getting tired?"

"A bit," I shrugged, "but only because you woke me up so damn early."

"Not my fault that you like to sleep late," He winked and kissed my cheek. He finished off his wine and then his cake before wrapping his arm around me. "We don't have to stay for the full thing."

"I want to dance," I said as music started. I looked over and saw that the bride and groom were dancing in the center.

"After their first dance, we will," He squeezed my shoulder. They spun around the room elegantly and both had big smiles on their faces. The song changed and more people started coming onto the dance floor. Zayn stood up and bowed before me. He stuck his hand out so I could take it and walk with him. "May I have this dance?"

I giggled and took his hand. We made our way onto the floor and Zayn pulled me to him. He wrapped his arms around my hips and I rested my arms on his shoulders as we swayed. He stared into my eyes with a small smile on his face and kissed me sweetly.