Chapter 92

I stayed in the bath for about a half an hour longer before finally getting out. I dried myself off and put on a clean shirt and pair of underwear. I made myself a salad and ate it quickly before sitting down in front of the TV. I didn't actually watch TV, but I thought about graduation.

I went through an email that basically explained the plan of how we would process and how everything would work out. It was kind of confusing but I understood it after reading it a few times. I would have to get to the school at around ten. We would have some sort of rehearsal until noon when we would have a group lunch. We would be let off until 3:30 when we would have to start getting ready to line up. Graduation didn't start until five, but they wanted us there extra early.

The ceremony would take at least an hour and then we were officially done. There was a midnight party that we could go to, but I decided not to go to it. I wanted to spend the night with Zayn.

I started thinking about the kind of makeup I would wear and how I would do my hair. I knew I wanted to curl it, but I didn't know what to do from there. I would look good with whatever hairstyle so in the end, it didn't really matter. For makeup, I decided to keep it light and simple so that it didn't upstage my dress.

My gown was at the school so I would have to try it on when I was there for rehearsal. My cap had come in the mail the other week but I didn't want to be one of those girls who decorated their caps. It was cheesy and a waste of time in my opinion. I wasn't going to remember what my cap had on it in 30 years.

Even though I had just taken a bath, I felt the need to go workout. I was starting to stress about tomorrow and I knew that a run would help stop my stressing. I walked back upstairs and pulled on my workout gear. I took my phone, headphones, and a water bottle with me to the car before driving off to the trail about five minutes away.

I knew running was a bad idea the minute I started. I was thin, sure, but that doesn't necessarily mean healthy. I knew that I was going to barely make it out of this run alive.

I took it at a steady pace for the first five minutes and surprised myself by not gasping for air when I stopped for water. I started back up again and went at a faster pace. I only could do two minutes at this pace and had to stop to catch my breath.

After a quick break to catch my breath, I continued running at the fast pace. My lungs were burning near the end and I knew that I was pushing my limits.  I finished off my run a half an hour later and I was covered in sweat. My lungs were burning and I was sure that my legs would be sore tomorrow but I could care less.

I made my way back to my car and drove off once I got in. When I got home, I stripped my clothes off and took a quick shower to rinse myself. I still had a while until Zayn got home and I had no clue what to do or how to spend my time. I ended up watching TV and playing around on my computer for most of it.

I started making dinner for both of us and I had a lot of time to think while doing so. I couldn't stop thinking about graduation tomorrow. It was surreal and I couldn't believe that I was never going to go back to the high school for any classes. I didn't want to get that emotional over all of the good times that I had enjoyed while I was there.

I was more focused on the actual event. There had to be at least 400 kids in my class and their entire families would be there. I felt my heart start to race as I thought about all of the people I would have to walk in front of. There would be at least a thousand people and it was more likely that there would be way more.

I had never done anything in front of the many people. I had never been singled out in front of over 100 people, let alone 1000. I took a deep breath and turned back to the recipe I was following. I focused on the recipe and tried to immerse myself in my work but it was difficult.