Chapter 51

"You didn't have to take me out to a damn fancy restaurant, Zayn," I sighed when we were out of the stuffy place. I felt like I was out of place there even though I was wearing jeans and it was only lunch time, but I could feel the stares from the women with diamonds around their necks. If it had been dinner, we probably would have been kicked out; I've heard rumors that they do that.

"I wanted to," He smiled and squeezed my hand lightly before swinging it back and forth playfully. "There are hardly any fancy restaurants near us, so I thought I would treat you."

"You could treat me by bringing me to McDonald's to be completely honest," I smiled and suddenly he wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. I heard him chuckling next to me as we walked down the crowded streets. "Where are we going now?"

"Grant Park," He smiled at me. The walk wasn't too long but it felt longer because it was kind of chilly out. But Zayn kept me warm by keeping me right by his side for the entirety of the walk. Eventually we made it to a park area and sat down on a bench. "It's so pretty in the summer, especially the fountain." He commented as we looked at the barren landscape.

There were no flowers in bloom and no trees with leaves because winter was just ending. To be honest it looked kind of sad. I tried to image it in the summer and I knew that it would be absolutely stunning.

"Fountain?" I asked and his eyes widened.

"You have lived in Illinois and you have never been to the Fountain?" He seemed bewildered. It must have been like some 'rite of passage' to go to Grant Park or something.

"I've never been to Grant Park period." I shrugged and we stood up to go to this fountain that Zayn was flipping out over. Needless to say, he looked kind of cute when he was excited. His eyes were all lit up and he had a smile that you couldn't wipe off of his face no matter what you did. He just seemed genuinely excited for me. I had never had someone be excited for me before. It was weird, but nice.

Within a few minutes, we were standing in front of a gigantic fountain. The water was shot straight up and then fell back into a large pool. There were three levels to the fountain and I couldn't help stare at it in awe. I had never seen a fountain that big in real life, only in pictures of grand palaces somewhere in Europe. "It looks even better at night when it's all lit up and such." Zayn said next to me as we admired it. "One day I'll bring you here at night, okay?"

"Sounds good," I smiled and squeezed his hand gently. "Do you have any pennies?" I asked him suddenly and he looked at me like I was weird. "We can throw them into the fountain and make a wish."

"Ah," He smiled and dug through his wallet. He handed me a penny before we walked up to the edge. I turned around so I was facing away and Zayn gave me a weird look. "Are you supposed to turn around or something?"

"It's how I've always done it," I shrugged and watched him do the same. "Three, two...one!" I squealed and we tossed our pennies into the water.

"What did you wish for?" He asked me while he led me to another area of the park.

"If I tell you, it won't come true," I frowned at him and he chuckled at my childishness. I pressed my lips to his softly and felt butterflies rise in my stomach. I really wanted this wish to come true. "Can you tell me where we are going now?"

"If I tell you, it won't come true," He chuckled and used my excuse against me. I punched him lightly in the stomach as we walked together. "You'll see, don't worry." We walked for a few more minutes and then I smiled when I saw where we were going.

"The Bean?" I questioned as I saw a part of the metallic outside of the bean shaped object.

"Of course, sweetheart," He smiled. "You can't go to the city and not go to the Bean." We rounded a corner and suddenly stood in front of the large metal bean shaped sculpture in the middle of a courtyard.