Chapter 65

I sat on the couch waiting for Zayn to come home. He was a few minutes late, but I didn't mind. I was excited to have our date tonight that was my idea and he seemed excited to. Maybe it would spur some more of my type of dates.

This morning he had woken me up by peppering my face and neck with kisses. He kept saying how he didn't want to go to work because he just wanted to go on our date. I wished he would wake me up like that everyday but most of the time we were in a rush. Sadly, we both ended up going our separate ways until we were to meet again at the house.

The door opened suddenly and Zayn came walking in with a big smile on his face. "Let me go get dressed and then we can go!" I barely had time to smile at him before he ran upstairs taking off his clothes in the process. I laughed as I watched him run off. I don't understand why he was so excited for this date. He was almost too excited.

Within two minutes he was changed and back downstairs. "I missed you." I smiled and walked over to him as he buttoned up his black shirt. He stopped buttoning his shirt and immediately wrapped his arms around me.

"I missed you too," His lips found mine and he kissed me softly. I kissed his chest where he had stopped button his shirt. "I'm so excited for our date." He whispered into my hair as he rested his chin on my head.

"Don't get too excited; it's nothing big..." I sighed and he pulled away. He bent down slightly so that we were at the same level.

"Don't sell your plan short, sweetheart. We could literally just sit at home and do nothing and I'd be ecstatic to be with you." He caressed my face gently before kissing my forehead.

"It's just that all of your dates are so extravagant and mine is barely anything compared to yours..." I sighed.

"Please don't feel that way, Ava. It doesn't matter where we are or what we are doing. As long as we are together, we can have all the fun in the world." He reassured me and kissed my nose sweetly.

"Are we ready to go?" I smiled up at him to change the subject and he nodded. He took my hand before we both walked out of the house. "I'm driving." I winked at him and took the keys from his hand.

"Should I trust you?" He chuckled and I nodded with a smile. I climbed in the car and turned it on. "Why can't I drive?"

"Do you have a problem with me driving?" I smirked and he held his hands up like he was giving up. It was about a fifteen minute drive to the place. When Zayn saw what we were doing, he had a big smile on his face.

"I haven't been mini-golfing in years..." I could tell by the tone of his voice that he was incredibly happy. We got out of the car and he took my hand. He basically dragged me to go the place where I bought the balls and clubs to his dismay. He was so used to buying everything for me that when I actually bought my own things he wasn't very happy.

We walked over to where the course was and it looked basically the same as it did when I was younger. The course was geared towards kids with all of cheesy decorations. "Ladies before gentlemen," Zayn bowed down to me when we reached the first hole.

I rolled my eyes at him before bending down and placing my ball on the fake grass. I gently hit the ball and it went all of the way down to the hole but just missed it by an inch. "So close!" I groaned and hit the grass with my putter.

I moved out of the way for Zayn and stood on the bricks that lined each area. He took forever to finally line up his shot. He was bent down with his head cocked to the side to make sure his ball wouldn't hit anything. "Can you hurry up?" I chuckled as he licked his finger and stuck it in the air to feel the wind. I knew he was doing this all just to be a goofball and it was genuinely cute.