Chapter 76

I woke up the next morning alone in bed and then I remembered last night's events and I immediately wanted to go back to bed. I remembered that I had turned the heat on high last night so now I was sweating. I pulled off Zayn's sweatshirt and lay back down in bed. I didn't want to face him, but I knew I had to at some point. The conversation could either make us or break us.

The same numb feeling was back again and I laid there for a long period of time before I finally started thinking instead of just staring into the distance. I went over the previous night's events in my head and tears started falling again. I wiped them away quickly and let out a loud sigh.

I wanted to lie in bed all day and just let the day waste away. I could sleep in and not eat anything if I needed to. I hadn't slept well last night so maybe a nap would do me some good.

I closed my eyes and heard footsteps but I kept my eyes closed. I felt the bed dip and Zayn behind me. "Ava..." He whispered softly but I stayed with my back to him. His hands slowly started touching my bare back and tracing my spine. His touch felt so good and let my thoughts melt away.

"I apologize for my overreaction last night. I was in high school once too and I used to party, drink, and occasionally get high. I'm such a hypocrite for being upset with you for doing what I did, but I can't help being concerned for you. You got in a car crash and could've died. You've cheated on me while you were at parties...and it just hurt me. I just needed some space to think things over and I've realized that I'm being too harsh on you and possibly treating you like a child and I'm a parent. I'm sorry." His voice whispered softly. I felt his breath on my back lightly and then his lips pressed between my shoulder blades.

I couldn't believe what he was saying. He had forgiven everything that I had done and wanted to start with a clean slate. He wanted to love me and he still loved me. I had been afraid that this was it, but it wasn't.

Shivers shot through my body when he kissed my back. I spun around to face him and he caressed my face slowly. "I'm sorry I went to a party when you were gone. I should know better than that. I promise I won't go to a party again without letting you know first. I don't even really want to party after what happened last night..." He chuckled softly before pushing my hair out of my face. "You smell like smoke..." The smell reminded me of the first night we met. I was so glad I had called the cops that night.

"I was really stressed out last night and went through half a pack..." He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. I could see that he had dark circles under his eyes. He pulled away and leaned on the headboard. "I didn't really sleep at all."

"Go to sleep now, then," I smiled at him and sat up.

"Won't you sleep?" He questioned and I shook my head.

"I'm not tired," I shrugged and climbed out of bed. I could feel his eyes following my nearly naked body as I walked to the dresser and pulled a shirt on before pulling my underwear off. "I have to read for schoolwork so I'll be in bed with you." I got my backpack and grabbed a book that our teacher was having us read.

I started reading and a few minutes later, Zayn's arm was draped across my torso and he was snoring lightly. I read half of the book by the time Zayn woke up and kissed my cheek softly. It was an interesting book that had so many life lessons that would be so good to have for college.

I was amazed by the sudden transformation that had occurred overnight. He must've really thought about us and decided that I was worth it. He was back to loving me.

"How'd you sleep?" I questioned and he groaned lightly before climbing out of bed. He came back a minute later and started undressing in front of me. I didn't pay attention to him but instead to my book. I needed to finish all of it before Monday so that was great.