Chapter 12

I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder. I hated the fact that people were always talking about college. It was always the third thing that was said after, 'hi, how are you? I'm good, thanks' and I hated it. People really didn't care where other people were going to college, they just wanted to underratedly see how smart they were.I didn't want to go to college. "I dunno." I sighed. "I don't want to."

"Ava," Zayn looked at me. "I want you to go to college, okay?" His face was filled with concerned, his brows were knit together in frustration as he looked at me.

"Zayn, it's more complicated than that. What if I don't get in?" I questioned softly. My grades weren't good enough to get into most schools so I didn't even bother looking.

"You'll get into some schools. Apply to community colleges even. Nowadays, if you don't go to college, you don't have a future," He seemed extremely concerned about me. It made me happy to see his concern, but I just wasn't happy about college. "Do you have an essay?"

"Yeah," I sighed. "We sort of worked on them in English in September. Mine's really shitty though." I had half-assed my essay as much as possible because I knew I wasn't going to college. My teacher didn't seem to care either. Nobody seemed to care. My parents hadn't even asked me if I was going to college and they hadn't even brought me anywhere to tour.

"I'll help you. Where do you want to go?"

"I want to stay nearby," I said quietly. He nodded and kissed me softly.

"You go do your homework and I'll go find colleges within an hour away," He smiled. "I'll get applications for you and everything." He was so concerned for me it amazed me. How could someone give so much to someone they barely knew?

"What if I don't want to go?"

"Then I won't do it." He sighed. "Just please apply so that if you do want to go somewhere, you can go somewhere. I want you to have a future."

"Okay," I sighed and climbed off of him. We stood up and he pressed his forehead to mine before kissing me softly.

"I'm going to go to the grocery store, do you need anything?" He said a minute later as we walked back downstairs.

"I'm good," I smiled and watched him put a jacket on.

"Stay here, okay?" He smiled and kissed my lips softly before walking out.

I sat down at the counter and started reading the edits that Zayn had made. They were exceptionally good. How could he be so good at editing? The house was dead silent besides the fact that I was clicking away on the keyboard. My motivation was high and I really needed to get everything done. Mrs. Umber would be so proud of me.

I looked down and saw that Zayn was calling me, "Hi." I couldn't stop smiling like an idiot, I hoped he couldn't hear that I was smiling. He just made me so happy.

"Hi, darling. One of the guys at the station got sick, so I'm going to go in for two hours to cover his shift. Is that okay?" It sucked that he had to go into work, but it was fine and I would live without him for another two hours.

"That's fine. I'm just looking at the edits," I smiled. "How did you get so good at editing?"

"There's a lot you don't know about me," I could hear his smirk. "I'll be home before dinner time. Bye, babe."

"Bye," I sighed and hung up the phone.

I was pissed that Zayn had just gone and taken an extra shift. I wanted to spend more time with him, but of course he just needed to go into work.

I groaned and started back on my essay. It got boring after a few minutes but I trudged on. I swear I could have had the entire thing memorized because I just kept on reading it over and over again. I needed it to be amazing. I needed to prove to Mrs. Umber that I wasn't a total failure.

Arrest Me (Mature ZM)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें