Brewing Rivarly Perhaps

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not offended anyone.]

Let's continue

**

[THIS is so embarrassing.]

Irene woke up in a hospital and right now, she was glaring at the white ceiling above.

[Do you know how lame it is to collapse in the middle of making out?!]

But on a serious note, she was confused as to why her body was acting up. It didn't happen in her first life so she didn't know what exactly was wrong with her.

" Irene?"

[Oh, it's Lisa]

Irene got up when she heard his voice. In the blink of an eye, Lisa was already by her side while putting a pillow on her back for her to lean against. "Thank you."

"How are you feeling?" Lisa asked while sitting on the edge of the bed. Worry was written all over his face. "Does your body still feel hot?"

"No," she said truthfully. "I feel okay. Where are we, baby?"

"We're in the Rosemary Hospital," he said. "Thankfully, we're already at Blanca when you fainted."

Ah, so they were still in the town of Blanca.

"Baby, do you need anything?" the captain asked, obviously worried about her. "Water? Food? Anything."

"I'm a little hungry."

"What do you want to eat?"

"Steak," she answered. "I want a huge steak and a good red wine to go with it."

"I like how you know exactly what you want," he said. Then, he gently brushed the strand of her on her cheek, then tucked them behind her ear. "I'm glad that I got out of work early."

Ah, right. She remembered Lisa telling her a while ago that he was able to follow them at Flint's house early because he finished his job quickly.

[I'm pretty sure he worked really hard just to pick me up.]

"I'll call the doctor," the captain said before standing up. "He said he'd like to talk to us about the condition of your Mana. Wait for a second, Irene."

"Okay," she said.

A few moments later, Doctor McMillan came in with Lisa. She instantly recognized the short and plump gentleman with white hair. His most striking feature was his freckles and the scar on his chin. And surprisingly, he was also known for his gentle face.

The doctor was the viscount of House McMillan and a part of the Royal Faction. No wonder he looked extra friendly to her.

[Oh, right. Viscount McMillan owned the Rosemary Hospital.]

And that hospital catered to commoners, too.

Anyway, Lisa sat beside her when the doctor started to explain her situation.

"Lady Prescott, you fainted due to Mana exhaustion," Doctor McMillan said while standing in front of her with his hands behind his back. "Have you been overusing your magic ability these past few days?"

She gulped and slowly nodded her head. She could feel Lisa's questioning gaze but she tried her best to ignore it. "But I've used it for only, like, twice. So why did my body weaken?"

"Lady Prescott, I was one of the doctors who helped your mother gave birth to you," the viscount explained. "You were born with a body that can't handle too much Mana. It's a fortunate thing that your Mana is naturally weak. But even if you continuously use your magic ability, it will still take a toll on your body. Just like what happened now."

She was surprised to hear that her body couldn't handle her Mana. "Why didn't my father tell me about the condition of my body?"

But come to think of it, her father never failed to remind her not to use her Mana.

"Duke Prescott probably doesn't want to scare you," Doctor McMillan said. "But to be honest, the condition of your body isn't that serious so I understand why your father didn't tell you. As long as you don't overuse your Mana, you'll be fine."

"I understand, Doctor McMillan," she said. "I won't overuse my Mana again."

"Ah, aside from that, I advise that you refrain from vigorous activities until your body has fully recovered," the doctor said while looking meaningfully at her and Lisa.

[Vigorous activities?]

Her cheeks burned from embarrassment when she realized what the doctor meant by that.

"What do you mean by "vigorous activities," Doctor McMillan?" Lisa said, as clueless as ever. "Can you cite some example?"

She was about to ask the captain to stop asking questions but the doctor, who looked unfazed, answered right away.

"I'm talking about sex," Doctor McMillan said without missing a beat. Obviously, the doctor was used to discussing stuff like that with his patients. "I know that the two of you are engaged to be married and as adults, you're free to engage in intimate activities. But for the sake of Lady Prescott's fast recovery, please refrain from having sex for a while. You know what happens when two people with Mana had sexual intercourse, right?"

Right. In this world, when two people with Mana engaged in sex, the woman would absorb some of her partner's Mana as they became one. That was how their children would inherit both the Mana of their parents.

That meant that if she had sex with Lisa, she would take up some of his Mana (and everyone in the empire knew how strong his magical energy was). It wasn't hard to see how having sex with him would affect her body negatively now that she knew that she couldn't handle too much Mana.

[Ah, now I know why I would feel so exhausted every time we had sex in my past life. So aside from Lisa having a high sex drive, absorbing his Mana was also the reason why my body would feel heavy after our intimate moments.]

"I understand, Doctor McMillan," Lisa said, his face as red as an apple. "We'll be careful."

"But Doctor, would my body be able to handle a decent amount of Mana if I become more physically fit?" Irene asked intensely. "Exercising wouldn't hurt, right?"

"I like your enthusiasm, Lady Prescott," Doctor McMillan said with a soft laugh. "I'll prescribe an effective pill for you to stabilize your Mana. If you take them for a week, your body will be fit enough for light exercises."