Unrecognizable Gaze

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

Irene found herself transparent and floating in the air like a ghost.

Cool.

But her childlike excitement vanished as soon as she realized where she was.

It was her old living room in the house that she bought after her divorce.

" Lisa, please believe me!"

Irene flinched when she saw the past version of herself while chasing Lisa's past version while they were going down the grand staircase. Her past self was crying while her ex-husband had a rigid expression on his face.

Ah, in this version, both she and her husband were more than a decade older than their current "versions."

"I really didn't know what I was doing back then!" her old self begged. Ah, right. In the past, Lisa took his father's title and surname. But she refused to call him "Lord Prescott". "Please listen to me."

Old Lisa turned to herself with an angry look on his face. "Do you expect me to believe you after all the awful things you've done to Winter and my new wife?"

Irene felt a pang in her chest. Obviously, he's talking about Tzuyu Morganna.

"Believe me, Lord Lisa," her old self pleaded. Then, she kneeled and clung to Lisa's legs while looking up at him with a devastated look on her face. "Most of the time, I don't know what I'm doing. I feel like I've just woken up from a long and tiring dream, Lisa. The last clear memory I remember was when I gave birth to our son."

He smirked bitterly. "Are you telling me that for more than ten years, you didn't know what you were doing?"

"Exactly!" she said firmly. " Lisa, please believe me. I'm still the mother of your child. Will you really let me get executed?"

"You've stopped being a mother to Winter a long time ago," old Lisa said coldly. " Tzuyu is the only mother that my son knows."

Irene couldn't help but cry.

It broke her heart to see and hear old Lisa say those words again. She was hurt to be vividly reminded that he stopped acknowledging her as their son's mother in the past. But the most painful thing to hear was when he said Tzuyu Morganna was Winter's only mother.

"Winter, I hope that doesn't happen this time," Irene whispered between sobs while hugging her tummy. "I'm so sorry for being an awful mother in the past."

But even though she was emotional right now, she didn't miss the things her old self said.

My old self claims that she doesn't remember most of the terrible things that she did. And that her last clear memory was when she gave birth to Winter.

It made sense, actually.

She didn't have a clear memory of her past life. She just assumed that she was a terrible person because all she remembered was the awful things she had done. And then, her execution.

"His Majesty won't change his mind anymore," old Lisa said coldly. "He'll have you executed for your crimes... and as his revenge for what you did to Her Royal Highness."

Her old self cried harder. "Why won't you believe me, Lisa ...?"

Irene cried with her old self. She felt her pain. And she must also be confused about what was going on with her miserable life.