one of a kind tattoo

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

Lisa found himself in a familiar cave that made his head ache.

For some reason, he felt like he was forgetting something important that happened in that cave. But his mind couldn't remember anything significant.

This is different from the snake cave that I found in the forest...

His thoughts were only cut-off when a glimmering thing caught his eyes.

What is that?

With furrowed brows, he walked toward the huge rock in the middle of the cave.

When he got closer, he saw a glowing ice spear stuck in the rock.

Am I supposed to pull it out or something?

The ice spear looked strange. In fact, it was the first time he saw something like that. The staff was made of ice, obviously. But instead of a sharp blade, a globe was attached at the end of the rod.

It's like a staff that the mages use.

"I'm not a mage though," Lisa said, then he turned his back on the strange staff. "I'm not interested in that kind of weapon."

He was seriously about to walk away but all of a sudden, the strange staff appeared right in front of him as if it was begging him to pick it up.

"Sorry, Mr. Staff," he said coldly. "I'm a swordsman. If you have a brother that is a sword, you might want to introduce it to me. I destroyed my main sword so I need a new one."

After saying that, he walked away from the staff again.

But much to his annoyance, the staff followed him.

"Stop," he warned the staff with a glare. "Are you a sasaeng fan or what?"

The staff didn't have a face but for some reason, he could tell that it was sad.

In the past, he didn't care about the feelings of other people that weren't connected to him. But ever since he met Irene, he grew a heart. The days where he could easily and mercilessly kill people were long gone.

Well, he still wouldn't hesitate to kill if it was for his family. But he was no longer the mercenary or the "shadow beast" that he used to be.

Ridiculous as it may sound, he even felt sympathetic toward the staff.

Irene, look at what you've done to me.

Not that he was complaining. He just wanted his wife to be proud of the person that he had become, thanks to her good influence.

"Listen, buddy," he said calmly, then he squatted in front of the staff. "I'm sorry but I don't really need a staff. I'm a knowledgeable about different types of weapon except for a staff since as far as I know, only mages could wield them."

All of a sudden, the staff shook until the globe attached at one end disappeared...

... only for it to be replaced by a sharp blade.

"Oh, you've transformed into a spear," he said. "I can use a spear but I still prefer swords, buddy. And I don't have time for this. I'm in the middle of an important training. I need to concentrate to produce water- hey."

He was surprised when the staff suddenly floated in the air, forcing him to look up and watch its next movement.

Then, much to his amazement, it started spinning on its own.