Personification of Envy

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not offended anyone.]

***

Irene didn't take her eyes off of Tzuyu Morganna whose face was as red as a tomato now.

But she made sure that her emotions wouldn't show on her face. So she was pretty certain that even though she was seething inside, she looked calm on the outside.

"I apologize for my insolence, Duchess Nystrom," Tzuyu Morganna said, humiliation and frustration both evident on her lovely face. Then, she bowed politely to probably hide her emotions from her. "My name is Tzuyu Morganna, daughter of Baron Luis Morganna." She raised her head and when she looked at her again, her face was now filled with confidence. "But soon, I'll be adopted by House Huxley."

Okay, that surprised her.

Tzuyu Morganna wasn't adopted by House Huxley in my past life.

But she did her best to remain pokerfaced.

"Good for you," she said. "Hang in there, Lady Morganna. The high society isn't for the faint-hearted. But seeing how you bravely approached a duchess and her husband as if we're supposed to know you, I suppose you'll be fine."

Translation: "you're too thick-skinned so I guess you can survive by up to people with power."

Judging by the way Tzuyu Morganna's face turned red, she umed that she got her message loud and clear.

"Honey?"

Irene smiled when she saw Lisa walking towards her. "Hi, hon."

When Lisa saw Tzuyu Morganna and recognition crossed his eyes, he frowned immediately. Then, he stood by her side and kissed her on the forehead. "We can come in now, Irene. Captain Denver will fetch us at the lobby."

"Okay," she said, then she turned to Tzuyu Morganna who was looking up at Lisa. The audacity. "Ah, Lisa. Lady Morganna here is saying that I should know her since according to her, you've already met her twice." She looked up at her husband who visibly twitched when she smiled "sweetly" at him. Yep, you should be nervous, hon. I know that you have a reason for not telling me about your second meeting with her. But I'm still a little pissed. "Her name is Lady Morganna. We should stop calling her 'Lu-something' because it's rude."

"Okay, honey. Both meetings were irrelevant to me so I don't understand why she put it that way," Lisa said as if Tzuyu Morganna wasn't there. Then, he turned to the woman without bothering to hide his irritation. "Lady Morganna, I don't know why you approached my wife this time. But I don't want this to happen again so if you have something to say to me, say it now."

Tzuyu Morganna suddenly looked hopeful.

"Then, I should leave the two of you alone," Irene said with a smile. When Lisa turned to her with a confused look, she cupped his face between her hands and tiptoed to kiss him on the lips. It was quick, but deep. Passionate enough to show Tzuyu Morganna that I'm the wife now and always will be. "I'll wait for you inside, hon."

Lisa, although looked confused, nodded and followed what she wanted him to do. "I'll be quick, honey."

"I know," Irene said, then she turned to Tzuyu Morganna with a smile. "Have a good day, Lady Morganna."

***

Tzuyu was humiliated.

Lady Nystrom leaving Lisa with her only meant that she didn't see her as a threat. That meant the duchess was confident that her husband wouldn't get swayed by another woman, no matter what happens. .