Daughter of the Sun

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not offended anyone.]

Let's continue

***

Lisa's knees almost gave up under Irene's heavy bloodlust.

Her words, her aura, her very existence now screamed power and authority. Ordinary people would have already dropped to the ground because of the pressure oozing from her.

Count Huxley wasn't weak. But since Irene's bloodlust was directed at the count and he was just attacked by Irene's strange Mana, it was only natural that he wouldn't have the power to fight against a bloodlust as heavy as that.

If Irene's heart completely awakened, he wouldn't be surprised if she became more powerful than he was.

Hot Lisa thought while looking at Irene with heated gaze. My wife is so hot.

Literally and figuratively.

***

"IF YOU want to protect your princess, then you better keep your mouth shut," Irene warned Count Huxley. "And you better keep it a secret from His Majesty as well. If the emperor finds out about Her Royal Highness's condition, then I assure you– the whole empire will know the princess's secret, too."

"I don't have any intention to tell His Majesty," Count Huxley said between shallow breaths, then he looked up at her with a blank look on his face. "My loyalty lies with Her Royal Highness and not with the emperor."

She didn't show it but she was relieved to hear that.

His Majesty can't know Her Royal Highness's condition yet.

"But Lady Nystrom, you should know that His Majesty already knows that the Fire Wielders are actually Fire Mages," the count said with a smirk. "Even if I keep my mouth shut about the princess's condition, it wouldn't change the fact that your days are numbered now."

"His Majesty already knows who I am so nothing changes even if he knows the tower's secret," she said calmly. "Because whether His Majesty knows about the existence of the Fire Mages or not, I still won't let him touch any of them."

"How arrogant of you," the count said. "What makes you think that you can fight His Majesty? I may not personally like the emperor. But between you and His Majesty, I will choose to side with the royal family." His brows furrowed in confusion. "And aren't you a part of the Royal Faction, Lady Nystrom? Shame on you for betraying the royal family and siding with the Fire Mages." He glared at her. "You're a traitor, Lady Nystrom."

Lisa snapped and tried to attack the count.

Luckily, he stopped when she grabbed him by the arm.

"My loyalty lies with the people and not with who's sitting on the throne," she declared proudly. "An emperor who kills innocent people for his own interest doesn't deserve my loyalty. Don't even bother trying to justify His Majesty's hostility towards the Fire Mages because no one in the empire knows the truth."

The count just rolled his eyes. "I don't give a damn about your reason for betraying the royal family. But I'm certain that you can't win against His Majesty. After all, the emperor is the only moon in the empire."

"We also have only one sun in the empire. His Majesty being the only moon doesn't sound that special to me," she said bluntly. "And remember this, Lord Huxley: the sun is bigger than the moon."

Count Huxley looked like he didn't have anything more that he could say.

"The royal knights will come and arrest you later," Irene said, then she turned her back on him and started to walk away. To be honest, she was starting to feel very tired. She didn't want Count Huxley . "Enjoy your jail time, Lord Huxley."