Snowdrops

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

Let's continue

***

Irene blinked several times when she found herself on top of a mountain. When she looked below, she found nothing but an empty desert.

Is this a dream or something?

"It's hot," Irene said while fanning her face with her hands. This was a rare occurrence. Since her body temperature was naturally warm, she really couldn't feel "hot." But the weather in that place was draining her energy. "Why is it so hot in here?"

As soon as she thought that she was going to faint from the heat, her body released a cool aura that seemed to "embrace" her until she felt better.

"Oh, your little one cooled you down."

She turned around to find a familiar woman sitting on a rock. It was hot but she was covered by a thick red cloak. Still, she looked very fresh.

That long black hair...

... and the face that kind of resembled hers...

"You're the Supreme," Irene said excitedly. "Aren't you?"

"My name is Soleil Rosenberg," the Supreme said with a smile. "You can just call me Soleil."

"I'm Irene Nystrom," she said cheerfully. "You may also call me by my name."

Soleil's smile faded. "Ah, Nystrom."

"Uhm, is there a problem with my name, Miss Soleil?"

The Supreme smiled and shook her head before she changed the topic. "I didn't have the chance to say this before but let me say it now: congratulations on your pregnancy."

She smiled and gently placed her hands on her tummy. "You can tell?"

The Supreme nodded. "Of course. I wish you all the best, Irene."

"That feels like a blessing," she said because she felt the warmth in the Supreme's voice. "Thank you, Soleil."

She just smiled at that. "I never thought that we'd meet again so soon, Irene. Are you trying to awaken before you get to the Red Phoenix?"

"No," she denied. "I don't know how I got here. I was just trying to concentrate and visualize the weapons that I want to wield."

"Oh, so you're training."

She nodded before she asked. "Soleil, the saint told me that when you were alive, you used to wield a flaming bow and a flaming dagger. That's so cool! I want to wield the same weapons as you, so I'm working very hard right now."

The Supreme giggled. "I admire your determination. Do you want me to give you a hint on how to create flame weapons?"

"I guess a hint would be okay."

Soleil smiled before she spoke again. "You just have to imagine yourself surrounded by different weapons. The right weapon or weapons will choose you and not the other way around."

That kind of made her feel down. "Does it mean I can't choose the same weapons as yours?"

"We don't know about that yet, Irene," she consoled her with a smile. "But whatever weapons you wield, I'm certain that you'll make good use of them."

For some reason, her smiled suddenly looked sad. "But I failed to protect my clan..."

It looked like the Supreme was about to say more but all of a sudden, she froze. Then, she looked up at the clear sky. Judging by the way she didn't squint her eyes, she may not have been hurt by the sunlight.

Or maybe it was because they were in a "dream" so the sun there was "fake."

"He's awake," the Supreme said softly. "My gray cloud is back."

"Who?"

Soleil looked at her with a serious look on her face. " Irene, lend me your body for a while."

Irene blinked in surprise. "Excuse me?"

WHEN KALEL's feet touched the ground, the heavy pour of the rain suddenly stopped.

Not only that.

A few moments later, the beautiful garden where he was and the whole estate became covered with ice. And that was because he froze the time in that area. In addition to that, the people who were affected by his presence had been literally frozen. They wouldn't know and wouldn't remember what happened once the time started ticking again.

But for now, the whole estate was temporarily "erased" from the map.

"Welcome back, Lord Kalel."

Kalel turned around to find Asher Forrester kneeling before him with his hanged low. "Rise, little one."

Asher flinched before he raised his head to face him. "I unsealed my divine power to get rid of my childish appearance, Lord Kalel. So please don't call me "little one,"" he said, then he stood up as if he wanted to make a point. "Look, I'm no longer a child."

Oh, Asher already reached his ear now, huh? In their past life, Asher was only a naïve and reckless seventeen year old boy before he died. But now, he looked like a proper grown-up.

Still...

"You're my godchild, Asher," Kalel reminded him. "You'll always be a child to me."

"Oh, please," the child complained. "I'm already the saint in this era."

"So what?" he said. "You're just a brat with a little bit of divine power. But you have the love of the sky god to back you up so you can be arrogant even though you're weak."

"Thanks," the little one said sarcastically.

"Is that the attitude you're supposed to be giving me?" he confronted the "saint." "You're making me want to hit you, Asher."

Kids these days are rude, huh?

"You have my Holy Scepter, my lord," Asher accused him. "I've risked it all and unsealed the limitations in your power in hopes of taking a peek in your memory. I didn't expect you to awaken but since you're already here, I'll ask you directly. Where is my Holy Scepter, Lord Kalel?"

Ah, the Holy Scepter.

Back in his time, Asher's Holy Scepter had captured Auro's interest. It was true that his foolish little brother asked him to steal it from Asher. But when he refused, he asked another person to do it for him since he couldn't touch the Holy Scepter himself.

"I didn't steal your Holy Scepter," he denied. "Do you really think that I can do that to my favorite godchild?"

"I'm your only godchild," Asher complained. "I didn't say that you stole my Holy Scepter, my lord. But I believe that you stole it from the person who stole it from me."

"Why do you think that I stole it from the thief?" he asked. "Who stole your Holy Scepter anyway?"

"Are you trying to fool me, Lord Kalel?"

"I don't have the time to mess with you," he said firmly. "I don't know where your Holy Scepter is. But I think it's good that it's gone."

"Lord Kalel–"

"That Holy Scepter of yours can kill gods," he said seriously, cutting-off the child rudely. "That's exactly the reason why Auro wanted it. But it wasn't only my brother, Asher. Even if it was now or then, I'm certain that people who wanted to challenge the gods would do anything to get the Holy Scepter. So maybe it would be better for everyone if it just disappeared and never show up again."

The young boy let out a frustrated sigh. "You're still obnoxious, Lord Kalel."

He just ignored the insult since Asher was his favorite (and one and only) godchild in the world. "Who stole your Holy Scepter? You didn't answer my question earlier."

Asher turned his gaze away from him. "Your second wife."

"Soleil Rosenberg was my only wife, Asher," he said sternly. "I know who you were referring to. But don't call that woman my wife. She was only commissioned by the elders to give birth to my second child with Soleil."

"My lord, are you saying that the second child was yours and Lady Rosenberg's?" the child asked. "I remember that people back then didn't believe your claim– especially the Fire Mages."

He scoffed. "What do you expect from Winchell? He loses logic when it comes to Soleil. But considering what I did to his little sister, Winchell's wrath is justified."

"Oh, I can see that," the saint said. "By the way, the Red Phoenix goes by the name of 'Wixx' now, my lord."