Bloodlust

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not offended anyone.]

***

Tzuyu was finally able to breathe when the stupid flaming red feather finally disappeared.

As soon as she could, she stood up and mustered all the power remaining in her body. She knew that it was already too late to help Lord Huxley. So instead, she decided to do the thing she wanted most even if it wasn't the right time yet.

I have to kill the duchess now that she's in a vulnerable state.

If the heart had awakened a while ago, it only meant that Lady Nystrom was weak now.

She also considered the fact that Lisa might be with the duchess. But she had to strike while the iron was hot.

I need to take your place now, Lady Nystrom.

She closed her eyes and cast a spell around her that turned her invisible. But since her power was sealed, the invisibility spell would only last her a few minutes. That meant she had to kill the duchess as soon as possible.

Without wasting another minute, she used an acceleration spell to enter the tower in the fastest and most discreetly way possible.

Luckily, her target remained in the tower's lobby.

The duchess and the duke were inside a cube that couldn't be seen by people with low or average Mana. Fortunately, even though her real power was sealed, she was still strong enough to see them through the protective spell around them.

Her heart thumped against her loudly as she pulled an ancient crystal dagger from the pocket of her dress.

That crystal dagger was made specifically to stab the heart of the Red Phoenix.

She stole the powerful weapon from Her Royal Highness.

Forgive me, Your Royal Highness, Tzuyu said while slowly approaching Lady Nystrom. The duchess was being carried by the clueless Lisa Thankfully, the brilliant red diamond– which was the heart of the Red Phoenix– was conveniently floating just right above Lady Nystrom's . It seemed like the odds were in her favor, huh? Princess Tiffiany, I know that you need the heart of the Red Phoenix. But I need to survive, too. And that will only happen if I take Duchess Nystrom's place now.

She stood in front of Lady Nystrom with her fingers wrapped tightly around the crystal dagger's crystal hilt.

Then, she raised her hands with the dagger.

Lisa and the spirit beside him still looked oblivious by her presence.

Goodbye, Lady Nystrom.

Tzuyu stabbed the heart of the Red Phoenix with all her strength...

... but instead of the red diamond, the pointed tip of the dagger struck a thick cube of ice that was now protecting the heart.

Lisa ...? .

"I can't see you but it doesn't mean that I can't feel you," Lisa said in a low, warning tone. "Stay the f*ck away from my wife."

The duke stomped his foot on the floor...

... and then, several spears made of thick and very sharp ice sprouted from the ground in different directions. It looked like it was a blind attack from Lisa because the spirit beside him was almost hit. Luckily for the spirit, he managed to avoid the ice spears.