"Brothers"

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

Irene stared at Luna with admiration.

She's really beautiful.

Luna looked very elegant in her full-length dress with sheer mesh overlay, intricate black embroidered and embellished detailing, and frills across the bodice and sleeves.

She almost got insecure about the witch's dress.

Thankfully, Irene loved her black and midnight blue gradient ombre chiffon dress.

"I mean no harm to Lady Nystrom and her baby," Lady Hayward told Luna in a calm voice, like a noble lady that she was. Gosh, her angelic face and peach-colored high neck corset dress made her look even lovelier. But still, looks could always be deceiving. "Please release me from your restraining magic, lady doctor."

Luna ignored Lady Hayward and turned to her instead. Then, the witch held her shoulder lightly. "Are you okay, Lady Nystrom?"

Irene didn't know what exactly happened but when Luna touched her shoulder, she calmed down and was able to breathe properly again. And most of all, her body felt light all of a sudden. "I'm okay, Miss Luna. I just feel a little tired," she said. Then, she turned to Lady Hayward who looked confused for some reason. "Please undo the restraining magic you put of Lady Hayward. She's an important acquaintance of Her Royal Highness."

The witch politely bowed to her. "As you wish, Your Grace."

With just a snap of Luna's fingers, Lady Hayward suddenly was able to move.

Irene stood up because it was rude not to when she had guests in the parlor room. She would have done that earlier had she not been frozen in her seat a while ago. "Lady Hayward, I'd like to introduce you to Miss Luna– my personal doctor." She turned to Luna with a knowing smile. "Miss Luna, this is Lady Hayward. She's also a doctor like you."

Lady Hayward and Luna exchanged polite greetings.

"Lady Hayward, I apologize if you feel offended," Irene said after the introductions. "My doctor is new to the Royal Capital so she's not familiar with the nobles here yet. And Miss Luna is probably just worried about me because my pregnancy is sėnsɨtɨvė. I hope you understand."

"Of course, Your Grace," Lady Hayward said with a smile. Then, she politely bowed to her. "I apologize if my appearance startled you. I know this will sound like an excuse but I came here ȧssuming that Her Royal Highness has already told you about me. Again, my deepest apologies for my behavior tonight."

Irene smiled at her. "It's alright, Lady Hayward."

"Now that your doctor is here, I will excuse myself," Lady Hayward said politely. Then, she bowed to her before turning to Luna. "I'm glad that Her Grace has a reliable doctor like you, Miss Luna."

Luna just smiled politely.

After that, Lady Hayward finally left the room.

"Miss Luna–" Irene gasped when Luna suddenly flicked her forehead with her fingers. "What was that for?"

"You almost revealed your powers to that cunning lady," Luna scolded her. "I know that you want to protect your baby. But will you please be more careful?"

She bit her lower lip but she couldn't counter the witch. "I'm sorry. I panicked when I was frozen in fear. And I couldn't move."

"That cunning doctor was trying to put a curse on you," the witch explained and her revelation made her gasp. But Luna remained poker-faced as she continued explaining what happened to her. "It wasn't a deadly kind of curse. But if she succeeded, you would have been physically weak the whole duration of your pregnancy. I don't know what her plan is but she probably wanted you to rely on her while you were pregnant."