Witch Doctor

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not to offend anyone.]

***

"MY LADY, please stay here," Damian said to Irene in a whisper. "I'll check what's happening outside."

Irene nodded and whispered back to the knight. "Be careful, Damian."

The young knight nodded, then he went out of the carriage.

[I hope it's nothing serious.]

To be honest, she was really curious about what was happening outside. But for the sake of her baby, she stayed inside the carriage obediently.

Now she regretted letting her cravings take over.

She really thought that it would be safe to go outside because it was only afternoon, and the sun was still bright. Plus, Komono was a crowded area. She didn't expect that they would be ambushed in a place like that.

As far as she remembered, they were on the main road. Plus, she wasn't using the carriage with Lisa's Black Serpent crest. Unless they were stalked from the start, there was no way the enemies would know that she was inside that carriage?

[And who would be bold enough to attack people in broad daylight in the middle of a busy road?]

Irene gasped when the door on her side suddenly opened. She was about to prepare herself for attack when she saw a woman with burgundy short and messy hair. The woman was also wearing a dirty brown cloak. Despite her rugged appearance, the woman had a beautiful face.

[Her pink eyes are so pretty.]

Wait, what?

In her past life, she only met one person with pink eyes.

"Oi, I'm hungry," the woman with pink eyes told her in a rough tone. "Do you have food in there? Even water will do."

[Luna, the witch doctor.]

"Oi, oi, oi," Luna said in a panic while looking at her with widened eyes. "I haven't done anything to you. Why are you crying?"

Irene could only cry harder.

Meeting the "witch doctor" again reminded her of one of the terrible crimes that she had committed in her past life.

[Oh, god...]

She got out of the carriage to properly face Luna.

Once outside, she realized what was happening around her. There were knights in front of the carriage. Based on their red uniforms, they must be from the Red Phoenix squad. The knights were arresting men dressed like rebels.

Spectators– composed of lower nobles and commoners mostly– surrounded the scene while whispering to themselves.

[Ah, so that's why the carriage suddenly stopped.]

She was relieved to know that she wasn't specifically ambushed.

"My lady!"

Irene's attention diverted to Damian who came running to her side. "Damian, where did you go?"

"The vice-captain of the Red Phoenix Knights recognized me. He explained to me that it's not safe to stroll around Komono now because some rebels terrorized the area a while ago," Damian explained. Then, when he noticed Luna, he suddenly stood protectively in front of her. "Who are you?"

Luna waved her hand casually. "Don't mind me. I'm just a hungry traveler." The witch tilted her head to look at Irene. "Oi, do you know me? You're looking at me we've already met before."