Ice, Ice Baby

[ Neither the picture nor the content belongs to me. All the rights belong to the respective author. It is only used for entertainment purposes not offended anyone.]

***

"I THINK WE should kill Count Huxley before the noble trial begins," Irene said. "I don't think he'll stop until he kills Flint or any other Fire Mage. He might even go after our family now that he knows that I betrayed the royal family. Killing the count is a sensible thing to do."

Lisa

Lisa's heart broke when he heard those words from Irene's mouth.

Of course, he was used to hearing stuff like that because of the nature of his job as the captain of the Black Serpent Knights. But hearing that from his lovely wife hurt him.

I wish Irene stays as my wife and Winter's mother.

But of course, that was nothing but a wishful thinking.

Irene was the Supreme and she was now responsible for the lives of her fellow Fire Mages. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that the future of their kind was now resting on her shoulders. Of course, she would be forced to mature and act like a true leader.

Most of all, Irene was being targeted by the royal family. Learning how to fight would benefit her and increase her chance of survival.

"Irene, I'll be there for you every step of the way," Lisa said, then he touched her face. "I agree with your decision. Even if Lord Huxley gets imprisoned, I'm sure that he won't be treated like a criminal because he's associated with Her Royal Highness. He'll still have the means to get back at Captain Denver and the tower."

She nodded in agreement. "And I don't trust Lord Huxley. He's definitely going to tell Her Royal Highness about the Fire Wielders' real identities once the princess wakes up."

"Let's talk about it with Captain Denver later."

She raised a brow at him. "You're done being jealous?"

His face turned red as if he was suddenly embarrassed. "I know that I've been childish a while ago. I am "sober" now."

To be honest, he could be irrationally jealous sometimes because he loved Irene so much. This was the first time that he wanted someone so bad and therefore, he would do everything to keep his wife by his side.

But after seeing the brave face that she was showing him right now, he felt ashamed of his immaturity. This wasn't the time to be jealous of men around his wife. They had a war to fight and they had so many people to protect now.

"Thank you for being honest with your feelings, hon," Irene said with a smile. "You know that you're the only man for me, right?"

"I know, honey," Lisa said gently, then he pulled Irene for a hug. "You should take a rest for now, honey," he said gently. "It won't be good for you and Winter if you get too stressed."

"You're my best stress-reliever so I'm fine," Irene said while putting her head on his shoulder. "Thank you for taking care of me and Winter, Lisa."

He kissed the top of her head as a response.

***

"Irene, please take a nap first," Lisa, who was sitting beside her as she was lying on the bed, told her while pulling up the blanket up to her neck. "I'll wake you up once Flint's operation is over. According to Captain Denver, Miss Luna and the other Healing Mages aren't done with the operation yet."

Irene nodded at what her husband said. She didn't have the energy to be stubborn this time. Plus, she wasn't a doctor so she couldn't do anything for Flint but to wait.