Kyuu ~ Troubles with the Uchihas

9- Troubles with the Uchihas

- - - - - -

"You're pregnant?" I asked, my tone a little louder than usual. "A-Are you sure it wasn't a mistake the doctor made while they were doing your check-up?"

"Are you not happy about me carrying a baby?" Mom asks.

I shook my head, "Of course, I'm happy! It's just..." I trailed off. I took a deep breath before continuing. "I thought the doctor told you that you couldn't bear a child. I'm just confused."

"We thought about that also," she sighed. "But we didn't want to let that get in the way of our excitement for the baby. But, if it is true, then I guess I have to be very careful for the next nine months."

I crossed my arms and smirked. "So, you both must have gotten pretty busy while I was at school."

Mom's face immediately went red, while Dad stared at me with shock. "Sayuri!" They yelled.

~*~

"Where would Sayuri go off to when she's angry?" Itachi asks as he drove, not taking his eyes off of the road. He was leaned back onto the leather seat of the black car. Sasuke sat in the passenger's seat, looking out both ways for any sign of the Nakahara.

Sasuke turned his head to Itachi and shot him an annoyed look. He slumped back onto the seat. "How should I know? She's my enemy, not my best friend."

"Yet you're still this concerned about her..." Itachi mumbles. He lets out a heavy sigh as he stops the car on the curb. "Do you at least know where her house is?"

The younger Uchiha gave him a blank expression. "It's been half a decade since I've seen her house. Of course I don't know where her house is."

Naruto had been over to Sayuri's house, and once forced Sasuke to come along, just so he could try to end the rivalry between them. It failed miserably, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Itachi sighed in annoyance. "Do you remember what her house looks like?"

Sasuke thought for a moment, trying to remember what it actually did look like. He tried looking back in his memories, but before he knew it, he found himself already saying, "I think it's a white house

with a gray-colored rooftop,"

The older Uchiha placed his hands on the steering wheel after a moment. "That's all I need to know." Sasuke doesn't respond back as his older brother immediately starts driving again.

But what they didn't realize was that they were driving down the same street that house was on.

~*~

"I understand it completely, Sayuri," Mom says as I step out of the house. "The Uchiha brothers are probably on a rampage just looking for you."

I highly doubt it.

"Well, if they are, which I'm sure they are not," I started. "They'll eventually go back to their house and I'll be there, ready for endless lectures on how I got them worried, or how I shouldn't run away out of the blue over anger." I sighed, stepping onto the path leading to the sidewalk. "Oh, well."

"Wow," Mom stands by the doorway looking dumbfounded. "Well, good luck, I say. You'll surely need it."

"Hah, thanks, Mom," I turn my head to face the street. As I looked left, I saw a familiar black car driving to this direction. It got closer to me each second. I take a closer look as it stops at a stop sign that was about fifteen yards away from me. That's when I realized that it was Itachi's car.

He and Sasuke were in the front, and Sasuke's head turned toward me.

"Oh, dear god," I mumbled. I bit my lower lips as I took a step back, turning my head back to my mother.

"Is that them?" I nodded. Mom's expression suddenly turns into a worried one. "Oh, no..." I heard her murmur.

The black sports car stopped on the side of the road-- the side where I stood by. Sasuke rolled down the window all the way, raising his eyebrow at me. I was honestly too scared to look into his eyes; it might get me even more nervous. "Sayuri,"

I tried my best to get over my fear. I was in trouble either way. I crossed my arms as I looked down at him, faking a fearless look. "So, you actually came to look for me, huh, Uchiha."

He bows his head down, now looking at the floor of the car. I see him shut his eyes tightly. "Just get in the car. When we get home, we have to talk."

We have to talk...?

I don't know if I should be relieved, or scared.

I let out a heavy sigh as I opened the door of the car leading to the back seat and stepped in. As soon as I sat down, I shut the door, and Itachi immediately started driving away from my household.

Here comes my feeling of not wanting to go back to Sasuke's house, once again.