ShiJyuu-Kyuu ~ Packing up

49- Packing up

- - - - - -

The last day of the project was here.

As usual, Sasuke and Sayuri resumed talking to each other like always. They pushed aside the thought of liking each other and focused on their final grade. Kakashi was going to pay every student (in their class) a visit for a brief moment to discuss their grade. They wouldn't want to screw their grade up with even more drama.

But they never knew if or when fate may change their ways completely.

Sasuke glared at Sayuri, who was lying down on the black leather sofa as he stepped into the living room. "Hey, stop singing."

Sayuri pulls out one of the earbuds from her ears and looks up at the Uchiha. "No."

"You're going to make me deaf."

"Well, cover your ears then, Baka."

He scoffed. "Fine. Have it your way."

Sayuri immediately shuts her eyes, dropping her head onto the sofa. She places her earbud back into her right ear, nodding to the beat of the music. She hoped that nothing interrupted her again. She sighs, letting the song sink into her ears.

Suddenly, Sayuri jolted up as soon as she felt something poke her side. She yanks her earbuds out of her ears and stares at the person with her mouth agape. Sasuke had poked her.

"What?" She nearly yelled out. "I was just about to reach the good part of the song-- gah! Stop!"

"Hm," Sasuke smirked. "You're ticklish."

She blinked as he nearly towered over her with his hands on her sides. She couldn't help but feel the blood rushing to her face. 'This is such an awkward position.' Suddenly, her blushing self started to laugh hysterically as he began to tickle her sides.

"Sasuke, please stop!" She barely choked out.

To Sasuke, it felt so right. He didn't want to comply to her demands. Though, it looked so wrong in reality, he didn't want to stop. But he had to.

Guess who walked in?

"What the hell did I just walk into?"

The sound of their sensei's voice startled them. Sasuke immediately got off of Sayuri and stood up straight, avoiding his eyes. Sayuri looked at Sasuke with menacing eyes as she blew her hair out of her face. She sat up on the sofa and placed her cellphone and headphones on the table in front of her.

Blinking a few times, Kakashi faked a cough as he placed his palm on his forehead. "So, those final grades..."

The whole review didn't last very long. Kakashi explained to them that despite being the ones that he had to deal with the most, they still got a high grade because of the fact that they managed to pull through the project without brutally murdering each other. As for the final grades, they ended up getting a 95%, which was a big milestone for those two.

"Well, I must say," Kakashi smiled through his mask, looking from Sayuri to Sasuke. "I'm proud of you. You set aside your rivalry for a month and now look where it's gotten you two at. Hm, I guess this project did good for you both."

Sayuri smiled. "You're right."

"I just hope it stays that way. That means less trouble I have to deal with," Kakashi stood up and stuffed his hands into his pockets whilst walking to the door. "Oh, Sayuri. You should start packing up and prepare to return to your house, since the project is over with."

"Oh," Her shoulders sunk down slightly as she sighed. "Alright."

A smirk had shown on their sensei's face. It was as if he knew that she was unhappy with leaving the mansion. He snapped out of his thoughts and nodded. "Very well, then. See you tomorrow at school, you two."

As Kakashi left the house, Sasuke turned his head, noticing only now that Sayuri's head had bowed down. She looked... hesitant. It was like she didn't want to leave at all, which actually surprised Sasuke.

"Do you not want to leave?" he asked.

She shook her head, denying that she ever was upset that she had to leave today. She stood up quickly and took a deep breath. "It's just that I've gotten used to the mansion. It'll be weird to leave so suddenly. It's like I'm leaving my own home or something..."

'Should I be happy that she considers my mansion as her home?' "Hn, I see."

"Ah, well," she walked toward the stairway and smiled weakly as she sighed. "I guess I should start packing. I'll ask Itachi to take me back home-"

"I'll take you home, Sayuri." Sasuke stated.

She stared at him for a moment, then nodded without a second thought. "If that isn't any trouble to you, then okay."

"Trust me. It isn't."