NiJyuu-Go ~ Interesting Lunch

25- Interesting Lunch

- - - - - -

The restaurant Itachi was taking us to was a bit far away, or so it seemed. It took us nearly thirty minutes to get there. Occasionally, my eyes would get heavy, and my arm that was supporting my head would fall to my lap from the car window. My eyes would shoot open right away, which was kind of annoying. It happened five times already.

Freaking Itachi and his consistent turns.

Although, after that, I didn't feel my arm fall again. I thought I was already getting into my subconscious mind. But I did feel the car turn a few times. It wasn't until the car suddenly slowed to a stop that I was shaken awake. I sat up immediately, looking at the restaurant we were outside of. It looked like a five-star restaurant.

Hm, I guess he's craving for something fancy.

"About time you woke up," A familiar, deep voice rung through my ear, making me jump slightly and look at its owner-- none other than the Uchiha himself, sitting there with his usual hair that looked like a duckbutt. "Try staying awake and keeping yourself occupied next time, Baka. I don't want to have to put you on my shoulder again."

"Tsk," I huffed, opening the door. I stormed out of the car without hesitation, trying to forget what actually happened when I was asleep. So that was why my arms didn't drop anymore; because he moved my head to his shoulder. I mentally cursed at myself. Way to state the obvious, Sayuri.

He shouldn't have done it if he would scold me about it later on.

"Craving to dine in on something fancy today, huh, Itachi," Sasuke states blankly.

"Thought I could change things a little." His older brother puts on a small, but bright smile as he motions us to follow him inside. I exchanged glances with Sasuke, who ended up being the one to follow him first. Annoyed like hell, I walked in after regaining consciousness to reality.

I hear a faint "Table for three, please" as the waitress leads us to a table. The restaurant had just opened about fifteen minutes ago, since there were barely any Konoha citizens here right now. We were the third to come here so far.

We arrived at our table, which was by the window. I took the seat by the window next to Itachi as the waitress laid out three menu folders. I didn't want any awkwardness to take over during lunch, and I felt that sitting next to Sasuke triggered it.

Speaking of Sasuke, he scoffed. "Hn." Despite his blank expression, I could see the irritation in his eyes. He went over to the other side of the table, taking a seat across from Itachi.

Itachi glanced at each of us, almost as if he were questioning the situation. "Um, did something happen between you two when I went out to start the car?" We stayed silent. "Was it about you finding yourself asleep on Sasuke's shoulder, Sayuri?"

I immediately froze in shock, seeing Sasuke chuckle at my reaction.

"You didn't think I could see what was going on at the back?" Itachi smiles his deceiving, taunting smile. "I found it rather sweet."

I hit his side. "Shut up!" He immediately joins Sasuke, laughing quietly, but laughing like there was no tomorrow.

I felt utterly embarrassed as I hid behind the menu folder, looking over what the restaurant had. Sometimes, I feel that duct tape and scissors were the only items that would make them stop talking. But heck, I don't even know if that was enough.

I hear the door open at the entrance a few tables behind me. "Table for two," a familiar voice stated. It was a guy's voice, but it certainly wasn't Kiba. I had to turn around to see who it was.