ShiJyuu-Ichi ~ Truth be told

41- Truth be told

- - - - - -

Sayuri never returned to the mansion the next morning. It was an unfortunate time for her to not be at the Uchiha residence because Kakashi was going back for a review that same morning. If she didn't come back before their sensei got there, Sasuke would have to explain himself.

Although, Sayuri wasn't doing this on purpose. But she forgot about Kakashi coming over for a review.

The doorbell of the household rang. It took Sasuke back by surprise because of how early he was. Let's be honest here. Kakashi was never early. Something must be running across his mind right now.

Knowing that his little brother was too scared to open the door, Itachi ended up being the one to open it instead. He saunters over to the door and lays his hand on the doorknob. He twists the knob and pulls back, revealing a serious-looking sensei.

His look deceived the Uchiha. "Morning, Itachi."

Itachi nods in response and steps aside to let Kakashi in. "You look rather satisfied this morning."

"Oh, really?" Kakashi steps in, taking a look around the living room. He looked for the sight of Sasuke's partner. After a moment, his mood suddenly changed. He was now in utter confusion. "Where's Sayuri?"

Sasuke looks up at his sensei, realizing he was already biting his inner cheeks. "About that..."

"Well that doesn't sound good," Kakashi's eyes narrowed slightly. "What happened the past few days?"

Itachi answered him instead. "Apparently, Sasuke did something to upset her enough to leave the house for the night."

As Sasuke guessed, his sensei immediately sighed out of frustration.

Knowing Sayuri, Kakashi knew it would be close to impossible to try to get her to forgive him. He didn't want to interfere with their problems, but as a sensei who assigned them a project, he needed to take desperate measures on a desperate time like this. He had to think of some way for her to meet Sasuke in person... basically, without her actually knowing she was going to see him.

Meanwhile, he left the Uchiha brothers without a response for a moment. His mind was occupied with theories on fixing this whole thing for Sasuke. Though, the two understood why he was silent, they also had the urge to ask him what he's planning on doing this time.

"I got it."

That caught their attention immediately. Sasuke lifted his head to look at Kakashi, who already made his way to the door. "Two o'clock. Konoha field. Every student will be there. And by every student, I mean everyone including you and Sayuri," When Sasuke didn't respond back, but blinked instead, Kakashi smirked through his mask and did a few hand signs. "Have a great morning!" He states before he basically poofed out of the house.

Itachi and Sasuke were left with dumbfound looks on their faces. What was Kakashi up to now?

~*~

"Call us when you guys are done with whatever you need to get done!"

Sayuri nodded, smiling and waving at her parents as the car began to drive away. Almost immediately had Sayuri told her parents that her class was meeting at the Konoha field after she got a text from Kakashi fifteen minutes prior to the scheduled time. She was somewhat early. Maybe too early.

She was basically the only one there.

Sayuri was bored out of her mind for the fifteen minutes she had. As soon as two o'clock came, students began arriving in their cars. First came Naruto and Ino, then Choji and TenTen, Shikamaru and Temari, and so on.