SanJyuu-Roku ~ Big trouble

36- Big trouble

- - - - - -

"Do you boys mind telling me what really happened back there?" Sasuke sighed, knowing he would get scolded by his sensei. At least he wasn't the only one in this situation. He sat on one of the chairs outside of the emergency room. His back was leaned forward, his elbows rested on his knees, and his chin rested on his thumbs. As for Kiba, he was pretty much in the same position, but he hid his face in his palms.

Kakashi sighed. "Any minute now," he crossed his arms, glaring at the two. "There's got to be a reason why you boys were fighting. Now I have to deal with you two and Sayuri. If this hadn't happened, I would have still been in the library that was across the street from the café."

Hm, so Kakashi was reading another one of those 'books' again.

Kiba blurted out, "This Baka kissed Sayuri."

Sasuke was emotionless. It was useless to argue with Kiba. It was true anyway. Kakashi blinked; he was obviously confused. "That's all?"

"Well, the problem is that I like her! So, of course I would get angry at him for kissing her."

"Wait a minute," Kakashi interrupted. "So you threw the first punch and accidentally broke Sayuri's nose just because of Sasuke kissing her?" He lets out a small chuckle. "First of all, Sasuke, I can't believe you would actually kiss Sayuri."

Sasuke huffed. "The mutt doesn't even know the real reason why I did so."

"Then what's the reason?" The dog lover retorted.

"I was drunk, okay?"

"Like I would believe that story!"

"And second," Kakashi continued. "it's really not a good reason to start a literal fight with someone. I mean, they haven't explained how that happened anyway. Maybe he didn't mean to kiss her. Or... Sayuri was the one who kissed him first."

Kiba was stunned. He never even thought of that theory. Sasuke grunted. "The real story was that I kissed her first because I drank too much sake. She just tried to stop me from drinking any more, but I pretty much lost my mind after that."

"Very well, then," their sensei nodded. "but that doesn't mean that you boys are not in trouble."

Kiba sighed in defeat. "I know."

"And Sasuke, since you also assaulted Kiba, according to your brother, you're in trouble too. It looks like you two are the ones who really need to learn how to get along."

"So, are you giving us a whole week of detention when we get back?"

Kakashi smirked. Kiba widened his eyes, knowing that his sensei was planning something a lot more extreme. "No. That's not enough."

Sweat drop.

"But it does take place at the school. Both of you... come over to the entrance at noon in three days."

They were unsure of what he was planning, but this was their punishment. They obliged, ending the conversation altogether.

And right on cue, the emergency room door opens and a doctor steps out with his clipboard. Immediately, their heads shot up to look at the doctor.

He spoke to Kakashi in Japanese, first apologizing that they had to wait for forty-five minutes. He tells him that Sayuri's nose was just fractured and that they were able to treat it on time before it really broke. Kiba was relieved, but he was still angry at himself for punching her.

Just as the doctor left, Sayuri stepped out of the emergency room with her entire nose bandaged. She seemed to be in a good condition, but didn't look like she was in the mood to talk to anyone.

Kiba immediately stood up, followed by Sasuke. They both walked over to her and Kiba was the first to start. "I'm really sorry that I punched you in the nose-"

"No worries. You didn't mean to," she cut off.

Kakashi smiles at her through his mask. "Don't worry, Sayuri. They're going to get a taste of their own medicine soon."

She sighs. "I just really want to go back to the house and rest up a bit."

Kakashi nods understandingly. "I'll drop you three off at your houses."

~*~

Kiba was the first one to get dropped off. Now, there was just Sasuke, Sayuri, and Kakashi. Sasuke seemed to be acting mute; he only listened to what Kakashi and Sayuri were talking about as of right now. And that was about the whole punishment Kakashi planned for him and Kiba. Though he was actually blurting his plan out loud in front of Sasuke, Sasuke was dazing off. Everything was a blur to him.

He didn't know why he was acting so depressed. He didn't do anything to Sayuri, but he found himself acting like he was at fault rather than Kiba. Sasuke was a bit relieved, knowing that Kiba saved him the trouble of answering Sayuri's question. He knew that she would bring it up again as soon as they got back to the mansion, but at least he had time to think about what he was going to answer back with. Was he going to say that it was all out of intoxication? He honestly didn't know the reason either.

That left him very confused.

The car suddenly stopped, waking Sasuke up from his thoughts. He noticed that he was back at the mansion. Without hesitation, he opened the car door and stepped out. He shuts the door and walks out without another word.

Kakashi seemed to understand how he was feeling, so he didn't bother arguing with him.

"Thanks, Kakashi-sensei," Sayuri smiles at him before she stood up and shut the car door, following behind Sasuke.

He sets the car on drive, taking a deep breath as he stated, "Back to the library!"