SanJyuu-Shi ~ Bad timing

34- Bad timing

- - - - - -

"Sasuke?"

"Sayuri?"

Sayuri thought that he would quickly run out of the café as soon as he got his order. He was avoiding her, wasn't he? She only nodded once at him before she looked away and back down at the table.

She was wrong.

Sasuke walked over to her table with his orders and proceeded on sitting down on the chair across from her. He now sat directly in front of Sayuri. He looked at her, trying to make eye contact.

"What are you doing here?" He started. "Did you tell Itachi to make me come over here or something?"

"No," she responded, finally looking up at his face. "I just told him I would be here for awhile."

Sasuke groaned. Dammit, Itachi. "He set me up..."

This was a good time for Sayuri to have a personal talk with Sasuke. Now it was her turn to hold his wrists down to keep him from leaving. "I hope you know that we still need to talk."

Sasuke had completely forgotten about trying to avoid Sayuri until now. He knew he couldn't escape from her any time soon. Instead, he sighed and gave in. "Alright," he muttered.

"You really haven't answered me completely," She never took her eyes off of him, yet he refused to look up at her like he was supposed to. Sayuri huffed. "When you thought Kiba hurt me in any way, why weren't you happy? Why the hell did you beat him up instead?"

That shocked him. He didn't really think this whole situation through. Sasuke didn't want her to know the real reason why he did that. "I was just concerned about how you were feeling. Okay?" Apparently, that was his only answer.

Sayuri didn't respond back for a moment. Actually, she didn't really know what to respond back with. Another question?

"Can you at least let my wrists go?" A monotone voice cut her thoughts off.

She blinked a few times, shaking her head. Sayuri loosened her grip on Sasuke's wrist before fully letting go of them. Thoughts swirled through her head for a few seconds until she realized she had already asked him something. "Why do you care about me so much? Lately, you've been a bit too protective."

Sasuke widened his eyes as he looked away from her eyes. He wouldn't be able to hide the truth from her if he stared directly at her. "Well..."

"Did you really mean it when you... kissed me a few weeks back?"

Well, look who's f*cked.

The raven-haired Uchiha gulped. He felt himself heat up from nervousness and he was sure he was sweating. There's no escape this time, he thought. He was shocked, but at the same time, he was relieved. At least she hadn't asked him if he had feelings for her. That would make this situation a lot worse.

He opened his mouth to speak, but found that nothing came out. His words were stuck in his throat. Sayuri asked once again. "So you actually meant to kiss me?"

Sasuke was about to answer back, but a familiar voice interrupted him.

"HE WHAT?"

Heads turned, especially Sayuri's and Sasuke's. His eyes widened. He was really screwed now, because those two words came out of Kiba Inuzuka's mouth.