SanJyuu ~ Ignorance is bliss

30- Ignorance is bliss

- - - - - -

He waited for fifteen minutes already. But Kiba still hadn't shown up. Sasuke kept looking back at his watch frantically. He was beginning to lose his patience.

Three days ago was when he convinced himself that Sayuri had been hurt because of Kiba's "wrong-doings". Sasuke managed to sneak Sayuri's cellphone back into the guest room without getting caught. But before he even went through with it, he was clever enough to text Kiba on her phone telling him to meet her at the same field that he caught them locking lips in. And in an instant, Kiba replied and agreed to it. Sasuke deleted the thread of his and Kiba's messages before sneaking it back.

And now, Sasuke was standing in the middle of the field at four o'clock in the afternoon, waiting for Kiba to show his face to him. He stood there with a blank expression, but his eyes showed that he was outraged. He better enjoy his last moments with that dog-face of his, Sasuke thought. He was obviously going to lose control as soon as Kiba got there.

Right on cue. Kiba was at the corner of the sidewalk that was by the field. The dog lover turned the corner and walked toward the middle of the field where Sasuke stood. The two teens were looking down. Sasuke put his hood up over his head ahead of time so Kiba wasn't able to recognize him sooner than he expected.

Kiba was walking toward Sasuke until the moment he finally looked up. He stood directly in front of the onyx-eyed Uchiha that was kept anonymous until now. Kiba widened his eyes in shock. "S-Sasuke?"

Sasuke lifted his head up slightly. At least high enough for him to give Kiba a death glare, even though his face showed no emotion. "Kiba."

"Why are you here?" Kiba looks around, hesitant on whether he should make a run for it or if he should stay here and wait for Sasuke to tell his reason. Either way, he was still a little scared. He could already see the flames in Sasuke's eyes. "I thought Sayuri was-"

"That's what you thought."

Kiba blinked. "That was you? You were the one who texted me on Sayuri's cellphone?!"

"You wouldn't have came here if you knew it was me." Though Sasuke's hands were tucked inside the pockets of his black sweater, his hands were balled into a fist.

Kiba took a step back. breaking his gaze on Sasuke. He was getting even more frightened as Sasuke stared at him. He sighed. He knew running away would make things worse. "So, why did you call me over?" Afraid of hearing Sasuke's answer, he gulped.

The raven-haired Uchiha forgot his overflowing anger toward Kiba for a moment and began thinking of Sayuri. He closes his eyes and tilts his head toward the ground beneath him. "Sayuri... has been depressed lately."

"What?"

"She wouldn't speak to anyone. Cried herself to sleep the day I found out something was up. She usually locks herself up in the guest room."

"I haven't really heard from her lately. I wonder what's going on..."

Now Sasuke's anger returned. "You're lying."

Kiba rose his left eyebrow up. "What?"

"Don't you deny a thing, Kiba. I know you know every single damn thing."

"I don't!"

Sasuke caught Kiba off-guard as he grabbed the collars of his shirt and held onto them tightly. Kiba was... basically hyperventilating now. Sasuke looked him in the eye, signaling him not to raise his voice.

"I know you did something to her! I just can't figure out what in particular!"

"Why would you assume I did something to make her this depressed?"

"Because you're the one whom she possibly may have thought about most of the time, since you stole a damned kiss from her. Why wouldn't she think about you?"

"You can't be serious."

Sasuke let out a chuckle. "I'm sure as hell I'm serious."

Sasuke pushes Kiba away from him, but didn't give him the chance to run. He balled his right hand into a fist, holding Kiba's shoulder with his left hand. He swung his fist at him, hitting him hard in his right cheek. There weren't any possibilities that he would have broken Kiba's cheekbone, but there would most likely be a bruise.

"Sasuke!" Kiba coughed. "I swear, I didn't do anything to hurt her in any way!"

"Liar!" Sasuke kicks Kiba in the stomach, knocking him to the ground. He knew this was enough for now. He didn't want to kill the teen, but wanted to remind him of what would happen if he ever wronged Sayuri.

"Take that as a warning," he growled. "If she even gets to the point of self-harming, you're dead meat."

Kiba stood up, walking away from Sasuke in a quick pace. He turned and pointed his index finger toward him. "You're insane!"

Before Sasuke could even say another word, he heard police sirens from behind. Sasuke pursed his lips together. Sh*t. Someone called the police.

"T-There. That's him."

Sasuke widened his eyes. He knew that voice from somewhere. He's heard it before. Sasuke looked to the direction of where the voice came from, and there stood Akamaru and Kiba's partner. Hinata called them.

"Arrest that maniac!" Kiba shouted as the policemen took him by his arms and locked the handcuffs on his wrists. Sasuke huffed, knowing he can't say anything. He decided it was better to keep his anger to himself rather than to let it out. If only he hadn't been so ignorant. He wouldn't have gotten arrested if he thought of this sooner.

This was a set-up. A f*cking set-up.

Everything to him was a blur that afternoon as the policemen pushed him to the back of the vehicle, driving to the police station.